Applicants should have a BSc degree in one of the following subjects:
- Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- or equivalent
The MSc programme builds on the student's basic knowledge and research skills. Knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and chemical engineering (including transport phenomena) is essential. Furthermore, it is expected that students are well-grounded in the basics of biochemistry, organic chemistry, molecular genetics and microbiology.
Remediation of deficiencies
If necessary, students will be required to take an individualised programme for the remediation of deficiencies. We expect students with deficiencies to have cleared these before the start of the master programme, so they meet the required entry level.
- Indicative entry level Algorithms and Programming (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Biochemical Engineering (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Biochemistry (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Chemistry (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Metabolic Engineering (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Microbial Physiology (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Molecular Biology (pdf)
What are the requirements?
For both the transfer minor and the bridging programme, as well as direct enrolment into a TU Delft Master's programme, the following requirements apply:
- the HBO programme you've completed is related to the Master's programme
(You can see if your programme is related in the transfer (doorstroom) matrix);
- you've passed the entrance exams (ingangstoetsen) in mathematics and English (please contact the Academic Counsellor for detailed information);
- you gained a grade weighed average of 75% for all courses/parts of the HBO programme;
- you should have completed your HBO programme nominally, that is normally within the given 4 years.
Applicants holding a chemical engineering degree from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO) are eligible for admission after following a bridging programme. Applicants are advised to contact the programme coordinator for more details.
Applicants Bachelors' degree from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO) should all follow these steps:
- contact the contact the programme coordinator for Life Science & Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org
- follow the general admissions procedure of TU Delft.
Ms. Andrea Witkam