International applicants should have a BSc degree in one of the following subjects:
- Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- or equivalent
The MSc programme builds on the student's basic knowledge and research skills. Knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and chemical engineering (including transport phenomena) is essential. Furthermore, it is expected that students are well-grounded in the basics of biochemistry, organic chemistry, molecular genetics and microbiology.
Remediation of deficiencies
If necessary, students will be required to take an individualised programme for the remediation of deficiencies. We expect students with deficiencies to have cleared these before the start of the master programme, so they meet the required entry level.
- Indicative entry level Algorithms and Programming (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Biochemical Engineering (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Biochemistry (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Chemistry (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Metabolic Engineering (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Microbial Physiology (pdf)
- Indicative entry level Molecular Biology (pdf)
Please see also the general TU Delft admission requirements.
See the general TU Delft application procedure information.
Tuition fees and scholarships
See the Finances pages for information about tuition fees, scholarships and grants.
If you have questions regarding admissions procedures for international applicants, please contact the International Office of the Faculty of Applied Sciences.