HBO BSc degree
HBO students graduates with a Bachelor's degree in a technical field or in natural sciences from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences may be eligible for admission to the MSc MOT. Check the Doorstroompagina for more information.
Depending on your grades you will be required to follow a bridging programme. This bridging programme can be taken as a minor embedded in your HBO Bachelor's programme or after you receive your bachelor's degree.
|Background||Conditions for admission|
|Grade point average > 7,5 within 4 years and final assignment (Bachelor thesis) > 8.||The selection committee may decide for immediate admission|
|Grade point average > 7 and < 7,5 within 4 years and final assignment (Bachelor thesis) >7||The selection committee may decide for admission to the bridging programme|
|Grade point Average < 7||Can not be admitted to the Master programme MOT|
|Finished bridging programme during HBO Bachelor||The selection committee may decide for immediate admission|
If TU Delft has an existing agreement with your HBO, you may enrol in the bridging programme in the third and fourth years of your undergraduate studies. The programme,is called a ‘doorstroomminor’ [transfer minor]. It is important to note that the transfer minor programme is an integral part of an HBO programme and not supplemental to the courses taken to satisfy the HBO degree requirements; a total of 30 EC earned in the courses in the transfer minor are credited to the total required to earn the HBO degree. You can contact one of our Contact Centre further information on the doorstroomminor.
If you do not take the additional courses while completing your Bachelor’s during your HBO programme, then you must complete the bridging programme after you receive your Bachelor’s degree.
Theoretically, it is possible to enrol in a programme that is unrelated to your HBO programme. For further information, contact the academic counsellor for the programme which you wish to follow.
For students with a BSc degree from a Dutch HBO and HBO students who want to apply for a 'bridging minor'.
- A completed and signed application form/aanmeldingsformulier.
- A clear and relevant essay written by the applicant (Â±2000 words in English) covering the following aspects:
a. Describe your motivation and interest in the MSc course of your choice
b. Rank three examples of MSc thesis topics that would interest
you and explain your particular interests.
c. Give a short summary (maximum 250 words) of the thesis work or the final assignment of your BSc study and full workload. Irrelevant for students who follow a bridging minor.
- An extensive resume (curriculum vitae) written in English by the applicant.
- A certified copy of the full list of grades.
- ONLY FOR FIRST REGISTRATION AT TU DELFT: A photocopy of the page(s) of your passport with photo, your name, date and place of birth and expiry date of the passport.
- Only for HAVO -> HBO students: results of math test and English test
Certified copies of documents should bear the original logo and original stamp of the office that issued the original document.
July 1st to start in September. After this date, it will be difficult to process your application and registration on time.
- Send all documents required for the application to toelatingscommissie-MOT-TBM@tudelft.nl, in pdf format (Please pay attention to the size of your documents to prevent it from being undeliverable).
- The selection committee will decide if the applicant can be admitted to the MSc program or the pre-master program and under what conditions.
- As soon as the selection committee has made a decision, the applicant and the Central Student Administration (CSA) will be informed by email.
- If the applicant is admitted, the faculty will send all original documents required for registration to the CSA. The CSA will contact the applicant for further information about registry.
Students who have a Dutch diploma can register for TU Delft via Studielink, a system operated by the DUO. Once you register, you will receive a payment form from TU Delft. Return the completed form to TU Delft as soon as possible.
You are considered to be registered in TU Delft if the payment scheme and the tuition payment have been approved. You will receive a confirmation of your registration. More information can be found on csa.tudelft.nl.