Self-composed minor

As a student, you also have the option to fill in your minor space in a different way in addition to the thematic minor offer from Leiden, Delft and Rotterdam. You must have prior approval from your board of examiners.


What is it?

As a student, you can compose a self-composed minor and include it in your study programme with prior approval from your board of examiners.

There are three possibilities to compose a self-composed minor:

  • A cohesive programme of courses, provided by TU Delft and/or another Dutch university programme and at third-year bachelor level
  • A thematic minor from another Dutch university, other than TU Delft, Leiden University or Erasmus University Rotterdam
  • A pre- or self-composed minor at a company or university abroad.

Internship or Study Abroad

In some faculties, you have the possibility to gain practical or international experience by opting for an internship or Study Abroad minor. Find out what is the possibility at For internships, contact your faculty (International) Internship Office.

Please note: if you plan to go abroad, you will need to arrange many things during the second year of your Bachelor’s degree programme.

Other options

Another possibility to fill in your minor-space is to use it as a cohesive programme of courses that can be used for a bridging programme. In this way, you have the possibility to choose a different master than your standard follow-up master’s programme.  Do you want to follow a bridging minor? In that case, please contact the relevant contact person.

How do I request it?

Submit your choice to the Board of Examiners at least two months in advance using the designated Self-composed minor / Bridging Minor Approval Application Form.

See the relevant faculty requirements and education regulations that apply for the admission of self-composed minors.