Minors offered by Applied Mathematics
- How does your navigation find the shortest route from A to B?
- How do you determine the price of stocks?
- Differential equations turn up everywhere in your studies. Do you actually know how to solve them?
- How do you develop premium quality packaging while at the same time minimizing the impact to the environment
- How do you optimize call-center staff while maintaining faster service compared to the competition?
- You want to develop an even better autopilot!
- You are sitting on a pile of data. Which statistical methods van you use to make sense of it all?
There is a lot to want. Maybe you also want to solve some of the above problems? It might not be immediately apparent, but in answering above questions, mathematical models play a central role.
Not just in science but also in society at large you will find all kinds of problems that can be caught in a mathematical formulation or a model. When you decide to take a mathematical minor, you will learn just how to do that.
Applied mathematics offers two interesting minors (meant for students from a different study).