Goals and vision
Goals and vision
At the Delft University of Technology, within the department of Electrical Sustainable Energy, the DC Systems and Storage group (DCE&S), is headed by Dr. Pavol Bauer. We are involved in research pertaining to HV/MV DC transmission networks and materials along with renewable energy integration, energy conversion mechanisms and energy storage. The vision of our group is to develop technologies with a strong impetus toward a green and sustainable world. On July 1st 2015, Delft created history by being the 100th Student Branch Chapter of IEEE IAS society. This is a joint chapter along with the sister society IEEE PELS. This chapter is born with 12 student members associated with either IAS or PELS or both. The chapter advisor is Prof. Braham Ferreira, President, IEEE PELS. The student conglomeration at Delft intends to use the youthful energy and enthusiasm of its members in making a stronger industry-academia cooperation. Being a very new chapter, we envisage the following activities as immediate goals:
- Initiate talks with companies like Philips, ABB, ASML for invited lectures at TU Delft.
- Invite Professors of excellence for sharing experiences and research results.
- Industrial tours to companies in close vicinity.
- Making a new website for the chapter that describes the activities and also vision and mission of both the chapter as well as TU Delft and IEEE IAS and PELS.
- Brainstorming session on “Entrepreneurship and Academia”.
The student branch chapter constitution will have the following positions: Chair – (Venugopal Prasanth), Vice-Chair- (Minos Kontos), General secretary – (Gautham Ram), Overall coordinator - (Mladen Gagic). Chetan Jagadeesha and Michalis Poikilidis are the MSc students members of the board. If you are interested in being part of the student board, kindly send an email to V.Prasanth@tudelft.nl.