DCSE Fall School November 4-8, 2019, on “Reduced-Order Modeling and Uncertainty Quantification”
04 August 2019 14:00 | Add to my calendar
We are pleased to announce that the TU Delft Institute for Computational Science and Engineering (DCSE) will host a Fall School featuring introductory and advanced courses on reduced-order modeling and uncertainty quantification with applications of engineering interest. The topics covered during the lectures will range from Bayesian inference, sampling methods, adjoint approaches, adaptive methods, and use of reduced-order methods to enable efficient UQ analyses. Special emphasis will be given to the intuitive understanding of the material, with possibly some hands-on exercises and tutorials, to help students appreciate the widespread use of the presented techniques.
A certificate will be provided to all participants after completion of the Fall School.
- Olivier Le Maître (CMAP, CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique, France)
- Zoltan Perko (TU Delft, The Netherlands)
- Serge Prudhomme (Polytechnique Montréal, Canada)
- Rob Remis (TU Delft, The Netherlands)
- Raúl Tempone (TU Aachen, Germany)
The lectures will be organized into two sessions per day, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm, each day of the week and will cover the following topics:
- Olivier Le Maître: “Bayesian inference (1h), Reduced-order modeling for Bayesian inference (2h), Markov Chain Monte Carlo sampler (2h), advanced topic (1h)”.
- Zoltan Perko: “Adjoint techniques (3h) and spectral methods (3h)”.
- Serge Prudhomme: “Reduced-order modeling (3h) and adaptive methods (3h)”.
- Rob Remis: “Model-order reduction techniques for waves and fields in complex media (6h)”.
- Raúl Tempone: “Multi-level and multi-index Monte Carlo methods (6h)”.
Ph.D. students, post-docs, early-career researchers, etc.
November 4-8, 2019
Faculty EEMCS (Building 36)
Lecture rooms: Lecture Hall Boole and Pi
Feldmannweg 3, 2628 CD Delft
The Fellowship (Building 66)
Room: Project Room 4&5
Kluyverweg 5, 2629 HS Delft
For additional information and registration, please contact Berna Torun (B.Torun@tudelft.nl).
Fees for TU Delft students/participants and non-TU Delft participants are € 100 and € 300, respectively. Registration for DCSE students is free subject to available seating.