ThingsCon 2018 conference: ‘It’s time for a system reboot’
06 December 2018 09:30 till 07 December 2018 18:30 - Location: Bluecity, Rotterdam - By: Communication
‘Exploring how connected devices can be made better, more responsible and more respectful of fundamental human rights’. This will be the focus of the yearly conference on Internet of Things (IoT): ThingsCon. Amongst others Iskander Smit, visiting professor and PhD candidate of IDE, is organising this event and several staff and students of IDE are contributing to this conference on 6 and 7 December.
During the conference, international keynote speakers will reflect and inspire from practice. There will be 28 sessions in 2 days with 10 keynotes. About 300 designers, makers and other practitioners of connected products and IoT will come together in Rotterdam on 6 and 7 December. ThingsCon will be organised for the fifth time in the Netherlands.
- Prof. Elisa Giaccardi will be a keynote speaker
- Prof. Gerd Kortuem will be part of the panel on ethics in education: Ethics Education – panel with educators
- Workshop by Kars Alfrink (PhD) and Alec Shuldiner (Autodesk) on the NWO funded project: Seeing like a bridge – designing smart public infrastructure
- Workshop by Nazli Cila and Maria Luce Lupetti (postdoc at IDE) on PACT research programme: Things as Citizens – Design Post Human Partnerships in Cities of Things
- In the student programme at least one team of IDE students will compete in the hack challenge, and at least two graduation projects will be part of the IoT Student Award