DRIVE festival 2018
24 October 2018 10:00 till 25 October 2018 16:00 - Location: Natlab Eindhoven - By: Communication
At the Design Research & Innovation Festival on 24 and 25 October the best researchers and designers will be on stage to talk with you about state-of-the-art research in the creative industries. The programme, based around the theme Towards an Inclusive & Innovative Society, comprises more than forty sessions. Several IDE staff members are contributing.
The focus within these sessions revolves mostly around researches that contribute to finding solutions for societal challenges. Think about healthcare for instance, or the transition towards a circular economy and an inclusive and innovative society.
Note: if you purchase your ticket before 10 October, you will receive a free ticket for the full Dutch Design Week! Buy your tickets here.
Besides interactive presentations, this year brings extra workshops and a number of small discussion formats. Highlights include:
- The Dream Team: Maximising the role of design for innovation – a large workshop by strategic designers of Philips Design.
- Designing Innovative Attitudes – an interactive session about our working environment with, among others, Gert Franke of CLEVER°FRANKE and Gert Hans Berghuis of Fabrique.
- Probing Emerging Futures – an exploration of future values and paradigms. With several experts, moderated by Caroline Hummels (TU/e).
- The future of Playgrounds – a workshop about the possible functions of playgrounds, by UNStudio.
- eHealth for Healthy Aging – with ten projects on the theme of healthy aging. By ZonMw.
- User Involvement for an inclusive society – about designing for participation, by several experts.
- Redesigning festivals – festivals as living labs for circular innovations. By Innofest and DGTL.
- Exploring Clothing Consumption through Design Fiction – a small scale discussion on clothing consumption, with met Irene Maldini (HvA and VU).
- CIRCO: Creating Value – about value creation by circular design. With, among others, Tanja Roeleveld of Landal Greenparcs and our own Nina Boorsma (faculty of IDE).
- Food for Thought – on several innovations in the world of food. With speakers from HAS and Pixelfarming.
- Research through Design - with nine projects and a panel on research through design. With, among others, Christine De Lille and Froukje Sleeswijk Visser (faculty of IDE). Funded by NWO en SIA.