Arjan Houtepen is full professor in the Chemical Engineering department. His research group, called NCFun, studies the FUNdamental properties of semiconductor nanomaterials, develops FUNctional nanomaterials and has FUN in the process. To this end, the group combines synthesis, advanced spectroscopy and electrochemistry.
Arjan (born 1979) received his PhD from Utrecht University in 2007, under supervision of prof. Daniel Vanmaekelbergh and prof. John Kelly. He then joined Delft University of Technology as tenure track assistant professor. In 2020 he was promoted to full professor of Colloidal Nanomaterials at TU Delft. Arjan spent time as a visiting scientist at LMU Munich (2008-2009) and was guest professor at Ghent University (2014-2019). He is currently board member of the Young Academy (DJA) of the Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences (KNAW).
- Coordinator: 4052LEON3 Chemical Product Design
- Responsible teacher: CH3632 Chemistry and physics of solar cells
- Lecturer: CH3513 Electrochemistry for Renewable Energy
- Lecturer: CH3162A Design and Synthesis of Advanced Chemical Products (DSP)
- Lecturer: Energy Transition: Photon power (Minor Sustainable Chemistry and Biotechnology)
Board member of the KNAW Young Academy.