MSc. Beekman, A.Q.
For my SPD graduation project in 2008 I developed a method (The hospital stakeholder participation method) at consultancy Royal Haskoning which involves end-users in the early stage of the designing process. For the last 9 years I further developed this method and brought it into practice as an User Participation Designer at 4Building (a housing advisory company) where I initiated the department 4BuildingUsers.
I facilitate and analyse idea & vision generating sessions, create and use a lot of tools to: e.g. to create documents and roadmaps to inform and inspire architects of public buildings such as healthcare buildings, schools, universities and hotels.
Vision generating sessions with management teams are as well part of my tasks. By involving end-users (and stakeholders) leverage and common understanding for change processes will be created. At the other side of the spectrum I conduct participatory research at e.g. a child oncology department and an emergency care unit.
Since 2015 I am also a lecturer, DSP coach and JMP and graduation mentor.
- 2000 – 2008
Bachelor and Master at the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering
MSc. Strategic Product Design with Design for Interaction electives
- 2015 – present
Lecturer and coach graduation, DSP, JMP and C&C
- 2015 – 2017
Liaison for Philips Design at TU Delft and CardioLab
- 2013 – present
Service Designer at VultuurOntwerp
- 2011 – 2016
Reseracher in cooperation with e.g. HU & UMCG for POKO (Child Oncology)
- 2009 – present
Projectleader and User Participation Designer at 4Building B.V
Specialisation/Field of research
- Healthcare and housing projects
- Explorative qualitative research,
- Participatory Design
- Facilitating sessions
- Visual process and project communication
- Implementing insights of end-users and stakeholders into the designing process
- Design research in traditional and conventional fields and markets
Lectures/Coaches students on
- Context & Conceptualisation
- Design Strategy Project
- JMP and Graduation projects
- Project management
- Explorative qualitative research
- (Visual) communication to clients and stakeholders
- Projectleader at housing advisory company 4Building b.v.
- Service Designer at CultuurOntwerp