Ir. Ruiter, I.A.
Iemkje Ruiter is Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering.
Born in Friesland, educated in Twente and Groningen. Wanted to become a GP. Changed my mind and find myself teaching ergonomics to Industrial Design students
- BSc Medicine, RijksUniversiteit Groningen
- MSc Mechanical Engineering, Universiteit Twente
- 1986-1987: Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam: Extended research on my graduation project: a device for playing computer games by moving a single finger joint (Rehabilitation Department)
- 1987- now: Delft University of Technology Assistant professor in Ergonomics, Section Applied Ergonomics and Design, Department of Industrial Design, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering
Specialisation / field of research
- Human Modeling
- ADAPS (Anthropometric Design Assessment Program System) program
- Focus on the use of anthropometric data during the design process.
Lectures and/or coaches students on:
- IO1021: People and Products
- IO2081: Modeling
- IO1026zi: Bridging Course Ergonomics
- ID4256: Project Usability and User eXperience Assessment in Design (UXAD)
- Supervisor of graduating students