The internship is a non-compulsory component of the study IDE, in which students can become acquainted with the professional practice of industrial design. An internship always needs prior approval by the internship coordinator.
- An Minor internship during the Bachelor's degree programme (third year) lasts 18 weeks fulltime and starts usually in September or February.
- An internship as elective during the Master's degree programme (second year) lasts 10 weeks fulltime (in the Netherlands or abroad) and start as soon as the student has time.
- The internship needs to be a learning experience and must fit within the study duration, which is why internships should not exceed three to four months.
- The internship should take place at a company under the supervision of a company mentor.
- The company should provide a workspace, including hardware and software. Students are not permitted to use their own equipment or software provided by the university in the context of the degree programme within a commercial environment.
- Internship and graduation projects can not be combined because they have different goals.
- Internship offers are posted after approval on the notice board in the hall of the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering and on the IDE website.
- The internships that are currently offered can be found here.
- For more information, you can e-mail the internship officer