This project aims to build the skills needed to ensure the future competitiveness of Europe’s Small and Medium manufacturing Enterprises (SMEs). Power LIFT project will create a broad network of Learning-Factories and spawn an ecosystem that fosters research and technology transfer between academia and industry.
More specifically, this ecosystem aims to:
- Develop a strong and broad foundation upon which a European network of Industry 4.0 Learning-Factories can be established. Right now, the courses/trainings that are being offered are not uniform across Europe. This means that learning materials differ from institute to institute. This will be streamlined within the consortium, leading to standardised, high-level content. The new content will be used for specialised experimental and training facilities for graduate students, professional trainers and those throughout the industry.
- Establish a European community to develop, test, and disseminate innovative educational methods and tools for research and training. This will allow Industry 4.0 to develop as a sustainable cooperation between people and robots.
- Leverage synergies amongst educational institutes, laboratories and industrial demonstrators already in place
- Standardise content that allows European customers and suppliers to dynamically adapt their processes while shifting towards Industry 4.0.
This project will lead to the design, development, and delivery of digital learning nuggets. Nuggets are just like chapters in a book, they are well-defined pieces of knowledge. Combining a set of nuggets offers a learning path for both students and professionals to follow. EIT Manufacturing has built an online platform called the Guided Learning Platform. This is where the learning nuggets will be available.
This project is part of KIC EIT Manufacturing, funded by the European Union.
- Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems and Automation, University of Patras
- Aalto University
- Mondragon University
- Polytechnic University of Milan
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
- TU Braunschweig
- TU Darmstadt
- TU Wien
- TU Delft
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern