Are you ready for publishing reproducible research?
Are you ready for publishing reproducible research? What does it actually mean to publish reproducible research? And is reproducible research a realistic expectation in the current competitive research environment?
Join us for this afternoon event for some inspiring talks on the subject and to learn some tips and tricks to help make your research more transparent and more reproducible. In addition, we will also point you to alternative open-publishing platforms to help you disseminate research results.
Who should attend?
PhD students, postdocs, any other researchers, support staff and anyone else interested in reproducible research practices and scholarly communication.
- 13:30 - Coffee and registrations
- 14:00 - 14:10 - Welcome remarks by Alastair Dunning, Head of Research Data Services and of 4TU.Research Data
- 14:10 - 15:10 - "Being a better scientist with open and reproducible research" *- keynote lecture by Prof. Laurent Gatto, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, UCLouvain. Laurent's talk will be available on GitHub in advance of the event
- 15:10 - 15:20 - “Reproducible research and GIScience: bottom-up initiative” by Rusné Šileryté, PhD Candidate from the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment, TU Delft
- 15:20 - 15:40 - Coffee break
- 15:40 - 16:10 - "Reproducible research and reformed publishing infrastructures" - guest lecture by Prof. Jean-Sébastien Caux, Institute of Physics, University of Amsterdam
- 16:10 - 16:30 - Support available at TU Delft by Alenka Prinčič, Head of Research Support at TU Delft Library
- 16:30 - 16:40 - Closing remarks by Wilma van Wezenbeek, the Director of TU Delft Library
- 16:40 - 17:30 - Drinks
So… join us and listen to inspiring speakers on the topic, and participate in a lively discussion afterwards.― Marta Teperek
Date And TimeThu, May 16, 2019
1:30 PM – 5:30 PM CEST
LocationTU Delft Bouwcampus
Building 26 A
Van der Burghweg 1
2628 CS Delft