Additional info Library
COVID-19 measures for the TU Delft Library
as of Sunday 14 January 2022
The Library is open daily from 08:00 - 00:00. To use the project rooms, you can book a room online. This is not necessary for regular study places. Are there no more places available in the Library? Check out the overview of all studyplaces on the TU Delft campus.
Staying healthy together
Several rules are in place to guarantee a safe and healthy environment on campus and at the Library. The guidelines issued by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) (for higher education) prevail. When you visit the library, make sure you have read the information and follow the rules. Help each other in the kindness of these rules, and if anyone makes a mistake, address each other's hierarchy. In this way we ensure that our buildings and facilities remain open and available to students and staff for as long as possible.
Measures in and around the building
- Wear a face mask in the TU Delft Library at all times. When entering the building, moving around, and when seated at your study or workplace.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance as much as possible and avoid crowded places.
- Stay home if you have corona-related symptoms and check what to do with the help of the quarantaine check.
- Get yourself tested regularly. Also test yourself if you don't have any symptoms at least 2 times a week.
Self-tests for employees and students can be ordered free of charge. More information can be found at www.zelftestonderwijs.nl
- Work or study at home as much as possible. This reduces the number of contact moments.
- Stick to the basic measures to prevent the spread of virus: wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, do not shake hands, sneeze and cough into your elbow.
It is a special time for all of us. Do you need help? Employees and students can contact their supervisor or student counselor at any time.
Also read the general TU Delft information regarding the coronavirus.
Borrowing and returning books
The Library is open from 08:00 to 00:00 hrs for borrowing and returning books and picking up readers.
Outside opening hours, you can return books via the Library’s letterbox, at the right side of the sliding doors at the entrance. The letterbox slot is 35 cm wide and 4 cm high. The books will be returned to the collection on the next working day.
The Architecture library is open every Monday till Friday from 08.00 to 12.00 and 13.00 to 16.30 hrs.
Project rooms and study spaces
TU Delft Library offers around 600 study spaces for TU Delft students. Projectrooms are bookable online.
Apart from the physical health of our students and staff, mental health is also important. Especially now that students and staff will be studying and working remotely, it’s essential to pay attention to mental health. At the moment we organize a limited amoount of exhibitions, but keep an eye on our website, Instagram and Facebook for any online events. Also take a look at the website of Studium Generale for a variety of online activities.
Access to e-resources
If you want to access databases and journals from home you have to use the Lean Library extension. If you install this extension in your browser, you will be prompted to login with your TU Delft NetID. After that you will have full access to databases (like Scopus and ScienceDirect), journals and e-books from your home address - like if you were on campus.
The VRZONE is closed until further notice.
- The Coffee-star is temporarily opened Monday - Sunday, between 08.00 and 17.00h.
Climate control system
The Library uses a climate control system. You can find information by opening the links below.