Additional info Library
Until 9 February 2021 the TU Delft Library is limited accessible. The Library is open on weekdays from 8:30-17:00 for borrowing and returning books, also for students of the Architecture faculty. Studying in the Library is only possible if you have been referred by a study advisor. Also for these urgent students, making an online reservation is a prerequisite to study at the Library.
Staying healthy together
Several rules are in place to guarantee a safe and healthy environment on campus and at the Library. The guidelines issued by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) (for higher education) prevail. When you visit the Library, make sure you’ve read the information below and observe the rules. Help others to comply with these rules and if someone makes a mistake, broach the subject in a friendly manner. Together we ensure that our buildings and facilities remain open and available to students and staff for as long as possible.
• Stay home if you –or one of the members of your household– show symptoms of COVID-19, like sneezing, coughing, sore throat or fever. Get tested and stay home until you get the result. If you are infected, follow the guidelines of the Municipal Public Health Service (GGD)
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands
• Use paper tissues and dispose of them immediately after use
• Don’t shake hands
• Keep a distance of 1.5 meters from others at all times
• Avoid crowds, including at coffee machines and restrooms
In the building
• We expect that all students and staff wear face masks on campus when moving through common areas in buildings. This means upon entering, when moving between spaces and when leaving a building. Once you are seated, you may remove your face mask
• Follow the marked routes and instructions in the building
• Only use communal areas –entrance hall, stairs, corridors and pantries– if strictly necessary. Don’t linger and keep 1,5 meters distance
• In as far as possible, stay in the same section of the building
• Do not use other people’s things
Borrowing and returning books
The Library is open on weekdays from 8:30 to 17:00 hrs for borrowing and returning books and picking up readers.
Outside opening hours, you can return books via the Library’s letterbox, at the right of the sliding doors at the entrance. The letterbox slot is 35 cm wide and 4 cm high. The books will be returned to the collection on the next working day.
The Architecture faculty library is closed until further notice. Students Architecture can borrow and return books via the TU Delft Library.
TU Delft Library offers a limited number of study spaces, exclusively for TU Delft students who have been referred through a study advisor. These students can study at the Library on weekdays during the daytime.
Are you a student at TU Delft and due to circumstances you are in urgent need of a study place in the Library? Please contact your own study advisor to reserve a study place in the Library.
Reservation is mandatory! Go to: Reserve a study space. Considering the measures, all study places are for individual use and group discussions, working together and sitting together is not permitted.
Swiping in and out
You must swipe in with your CampusCard on arrival. Hold your card against the card reader at the entrance. Use your CampusCard to swipe out when you leave.
Apart from the physical health of our students and staff, mental health is also important. Especially now that students and staff will be studying and working remotely, it’s essential to pay attention to mental health. Unfortunately it is currently not possible to organize social activities in the Library. However, we will continue to inspire you with online activities. Keep an eye on our website and channels. Also take a look at the website of Studium Generale for a variety of online activities.
The VRZONE is closed until further notice.
• The Coffee-star is opened between 08.30-17.00h.
• All products are ready for takeaway. The terrace is closed.
Climate control system
The Library uses a climate control system. You can find information by opening the links below.
- The climate control system in these exceptional times
- How the Library’s climate control system works (incl. video)
- Climate control system: what can staff do (video)