Additional info Library
As of 29 April 2021 the TU Delft Library extends their openingshours and the amount of studie places. The Library is open from 08:00 till 00:00. If you find it difficult/impossible to study at home, please contact your student counsellor for a referral or book a study place on 'Book a study place'.
Students with a reservation in the Library, have the opportunity to relax and meet each other during their study breaks on the social seats. You can also have a chat with the social stewards, who you will find at or nearby the social seats. Click here for an overview of all study places on the TU campus.
Staying healthy together
Several rules are in place to guarantee a safe and healthy environment on campus and at the Library. The guidelines issued by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) (for higher education) prevail. When you visit the Library, make sure you’ve read the information below and observe the rules. Help others to comply with these rules and if someone makes a mistake, broach the subject in a friendly manner. Together we ensure that our buildings and facilities remain open and available to students and staff for as long as possible.
- Stay home if you –or one of the members of your household– show symptoms of COVID-19, like sneezing, coughing, sore throat or fever. Get tested and stay home until you get the result. If you are infected, follow the guidelines of the Municipal Public Health Service (GGD)
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands
- Use paper tissues and dispose of them immediately after use
- Don’t shake hands
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters from others at all times
- Avoid crowds, including at coffee machines and restrooms
In the building
- We expect that all students and staff wear face masks on campus when moving through common areas in buildings. This means upon entering, when moving between spaces and when leaving a building. Once you are seated, you may remove your face mask
- Follow the marked routes and instructions in the building
- Only use communal areas –entrance hall, stairs, corridors and pantries– if strictly necessary. Don’t linger and keep 1,5 meters distance
- In as far as possible, stay in the same section of the building
- Do not use other people’s things
Borrowing and returning books
The Library is open from 08:00 to 00:00 hrs for borrowing and returning books and picking up readers.
Outside opening hours, you can return books via the Library’s letterbox, at the right side of the sliding doors at the entrance. The letterbox slot is 35 cm wide and 4 cm high. The books will be returned to the collection on the next working day.
The Architecture library is open every Monday till Friday from 08.00 to 12.00 and 13.00 to 16.30 hrs.
TU Delft Library offers a limited number of study spaces, exclusively for TU Delft students who have been referred through a study advisor. Are you a student at TU Delft and due to circumstances you are in urgent need of a study place in the Library? Please contact your own study advisor or go to Book a study space. Reservation is mandatory!
Would you like to reserve a study place at the Faculty of Architecture? This is only available for Architecture students and you can choose between a morning shift (08.00 - 12.00) or an afternoon shift (13.00 - 16.30). Reservations can be made via tudelftbk.plaatsreserveren.nl. The Map Room is currently closed. You can use the digital application form to request map material. Check the Map Room online for the available material.
Swiping in and out
You must swipe in with your CampusCard on arrival. Hold your card against the card reader at the entrance. Use your CampusCard to swipe out when you leave.
Apart from the physical health of our students and staff, mental health is also important. Especially now that students and staff will be studying and working remotely, it’s essential to pay attention to mental health. Unfortunately it is currently not possible to organize social activities in the Library. However, we will continue to inspire you with online activities. Keep an eye on our website and channels. Also take a look at the website of Studium Generale for a variety of online activities.
Access to e-resources
If you want to access databases and journals from home you have to use the Library Access extension. If you install this extension in your browser, you will be prompted to login with your TU Delft NetID. After that you will have full access to databases (like Scopus and ScienceDirect), journals and e-books from your home address - like if you were on campus.
The VRZONE is closed until further notice.
- The Coffee-star is opened between 08.00-20.00h.
- All products are ready for takeaway. The terrace is closed.
Climate control system
The Library uses a climate control system. You can find information by opening the links below.