Open Access Funding
There a lots of possibilities financing your Open Access publications when you are a researcher at TU Delft. We give you an step-by-step plan with te right sequence
- Check the open access publishing requirements of the Funding body of your research: the European program H2020 or the national funder NWO
- Check the national national publisher agreements. Publishing open access in these journals is without costs for TU Delft corresponding authors. All information on the journal level can be found in the Journal Browser
- Check those publishers where TU Delft made customized agreements with: MDPI, PLoS, Copernicus, PeerJ, Cogitatio, Hindawi and Frontiers.
- Make use of TU Delft Open Access Fund, founded in 2008. Currently 500 articles are sponsored with support of the Fund.
If publishing at a publishers platform is not an option you must archive your final author's version in Delft Repository, (the green way to open access). This is in alligment with TU Delft policy on open access publishing. Check on SHERPA / ROMEO website what you are allowed to do with respect to your authors version.
TU Delft Open Access Fund
The TU Delft Open Access Fund will be distributed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Authors can submit a request if they meet the following criteria:
- The compensation for the costs applies to Open Access Journals as registered in DOAJ.
- The compensation of the costs is maximum 2.000 euro per article. Additional costs are charged to the applicant
- The compensation for the costs applies to books and book chapters, published on the business model of Open Access. The compensation of a book is maximized at 3.500 euro, a book chapter at 2.000 euro
- Corresponding authors must have a demonstrable relationship with TU Delft and must also have published the related piece in affiliation with this university.
- Financing your publication is only possible if the invoice still has to be paid, there will be no retrospective payments.
- Sponsored articles and books must be published with the license CC-BY or CC BY-NC.
- It is obligatory to inform via the fund administrators whether your request is eligible for a contribution from the OA Fund.
Use the application form for a contribution from the Open Access Fund.