Open Access Funding
There a lots of possibilities financing your Open Access publications when you are a researcher at TU Delft. We give you an step-by-step plan with te right sequence
- Check the open access publishing requirements of the Funding body of your research: the European program H2020 or the national funder NWO
- Check the national national publisher agreements. Publishing open access in these journals is without costs for TU Delft corresponding authors. All information on the journal level can be found in the Journal Browser
- Check the publishers for which TU Delft Library pays the open access costs such as MDPI, PLoS, Copernicus, Peer, Frontiers and Cogitatio.
- Make use of TU Delft Open Access Fund. Currently 769 articles are sponsored with support of the Fund.
If publishing at a publishers platform is not an option you must archive your final author's version in Delft Repository, (the green way to open access). This is in alligment with TU Delft policy on open access publishing and Plan S.
TU Delft Open Access Fund
The TU Delft Open Access Fund will be distributed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Authors can submit a request if they meet the following criteria:
- The corresponding author must have a demonstrable working relationship with TU Delft and publish the concerning publication under the affiliation of TU Delft. Students cannot use the Open Access Fund.
- Check the Open Access options in the TU Delft Journal Browser.
- The contribution only applies to Open Access journals registered in DOAJ.
- As of 1 January 2023, the contribution for articles amounts to a maximum of € 2,200. Additional costs are charged to the applicant.
- As of 1 January 2023, the contribution for an Open Access book is maximized at € 5,000. When applying for a contribution for an open access book, always enclose the (provisional) contract with a publisher.
- The contribution only applies to Open Access Books registered in DOAB. Is the publisher not in DOAB? We make exceptions based on additional parameters.
- Book chapters
- You cannot claim a contribution from the Open Access Fund for book chapters.
- For Book Chapters you can participate in "You share, we take care!" . By participating, you can publish book chapters in Open Access after an embargo period of 6 months.
- The sponsored articles and books must be published with a Creative Commons license, preferably a CC-BY license.
- The fund managers determine whether your request qualifies for a contribution from the Open Access Fund. To avoid disappointment afterwards, check in advance whether your publication is eligible for a contribution from the fund.
In addition to making the publication open access, there may be additional costs that a publisher charges.
These costs are NOT reimbursed by the TU Delft Library.
- Colour: some journals charge for publishing a figure in colour in print.
- Pages: some journals have page charges when you publish more pages than the default number of pages
- Copyright Permission: fee you have to pay for the reuse of figures, tables
Use the application form for a contribution from the Open Access Fund.