An increasing number of research funders require researchers to comply with their requirements for formal management and sharing of research data. These policy requirements vary by funder, but in general, project proposals are expected to include a data paragraph. After the project is granted, many funders require you to provide a full data management plan (DMP) as an early deliverable (this is compulsory for all funded projects within programmes of the NWO and the EU Horizon 2020).
Any research project will gain from the development of a data paragraph and a DMP with plans to manage the data it creates.
Links to the grant conditions specified by various research funders:
- Horizon Europe Programme Guide (19.07.2021)
- Guidelines on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Research Data in Horizon 2020
- Guidelines on FAIR Data Management in Horizon 2020 (See page 4 for requirements for proposals)
- ERC (European Research Council) rules related to Open Science and Research Data
- NWO Data Management
- ZonMw grant conditions and procedures for data management