Simplified online workflow for alternative open access publications
Just before the kick-off of the Open Access Week, the TU Delft Library launches a simplified workflow for all TU Delft reserachers to submit short publications to the TU Delft Repository. This can now be done thorough an online agreement, in stead of filling out numerous paper forms by hand. The aim is to facilitate our academic staff to publish open access and to again be in the co-lead in 2020 amongst Dutch universities, just like we were last year with 66% open access publications.
It is the ambition of the Netherlands to achieve 100% open access and to make all academic publications freely accessible. TU Delft and other universities do this - in addition to all publisher agreements - by focusing on "You share, we take care" program. As a result, publisher's versions of short scientific publications become available in the TU Delft Repository after 6 months. In doing so, use is made of Dutch copyright law
Are you a TU Delft researcher and interested in participating? This is how it works:
- When you participate, you simply sign an online agreement whereby the publisher's version of your work is shared via the TU Delft Repository.
- Your work will then be placed in the TU Delft Repository by the Library from 2018 onwards.
- From then on, you can share the work freely with scientists and audiences around the world.
- If you receive questions at any time, for example from the publisher, TU Delft will immediately take over the correspondence from you.
The following conditions apply to participation
- The publication has been funded in whole or in part with Dutch public funds.
- At least one author of the publication is / was employed by TU Delft.
- Authors can be corresponding or co-authors.
- It concerns a short scientific work; this has the length of a scientific article, proceeding or book chapter.
'You share, we take care' started in February 2019 1.150 publications have already been placed in the TU Delft Repository.
Open access week
The Open Access Week commences on October 19th. Within this timeframe we will publish extra information about open access, open books, open textbooks and open peer reviews. Keep an eye open for our blogs and social media posts. @TUDelftOpen