Open Access Funding
There a lots of possibilities financing your Open Access publications. We give you an overview
- Check the open access publishing requirements of the Funding body of your research as the European program H2020 or the national funder NWO
- 8.000+ journals with an open access component are part of national publisher agreements. Publishing open access in these journals is without costs for TU Delft corresponding authors. All information can be found on openaccess.nl
- The publishers where TU Delft made customized agreements with are: MDPI, PLoS, Copernicus, PeerJ and Frontiers.
- Make use of the Open Access Fund, founded in 2008. Currently 380 articles are sponsored.
If publishing at a publishers platform is not an option you can, in most cases, archive your final author's version in Delft Repository, thereby sharing your publication with the rest of the world (the green way to open access). This is in line with the TU Delft policy on open access publishing. Check on SHERPA / ROMEO website what you are allowed to do with respect to copyrights.
TU Delft Open Access Fund
The fund will be distributed on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Authors can submit a request if they meet the following criteria:
- The compensation for the costs applies to actual Open Access Journals, mostly registered in DOAJ.
- The compensation of the costs is maximum 2.500 euro per article. Additional costs are charged to the applicant
- The compensation for the costs applies to books and book chapters, published on the business model of Open Access. The compensation of a book is maximized at 3.000 euro
- Corresponding authors must have a demonstrable relationship with TU Delft and must also have published the related piece in affiliation with this university.
- Financing your publication is only possible if the invoice still has to be paid, there will be no retrospective payments.
- Sponsored articles and books must be published with the license CC-BY or CC BY-NC.
- It is obligatory to inform via the fund administrators whether your request is eligible for a contribution from the OA Fund.
Requests for funding OA publication must be sent to email@example.com include the following:
- Journal and publisher
- Status of the publication: submitted/accepted
- Title of the publication
- Science Group/chair group (affiliation)
- Planned publication date if known
- The requested amount of money