Opening academic year 2017-2018
What would you choose?
Missed the event? You can still watch it here.
Technology is all around us, impacting our daily lives with endless new opportunities. Bringing us changes and chances every day. It has connected the world, erasing borders and making the world more diverse than ever before. The upsides of technology are clear, but what about the unwanted side-effects? This is an important question for you as our future technology leaders: the choices you will make in your future career can affect everyone’s daily lives.
How about the relationship between people and technology? Is technology enhancing human skills or competing with them? Has technology made us more creative, intelligent and engaged than a decade ago… or not?
We explored these questions at the Opening of the Academic Year 2017 on Monday 4 September 2017.
- Opening by Anka Mulder, vice-president Education & Operation TU Delft.
- Peter Hinssen, serial entrepreneur, adviser and keynote speaker, will talk about the technologies of the Day After Tomorrow and what this means for the choices we have to make today.
- Catholijn Jonker, professor of Interactive Intelligence at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at TU Delft, gives us an insight into her search for synergy between humans and technology.
- What will you choose? An interactive quiz hosted by Diederik Jekel, Anka Mulder and Catholijn Jonker.
- Inspiration Award: the most inspiring student/alumnus will be awarded the Inspiration Award 2017.