D. (Derya) Sadak MSc
D. (Derya) Sadak MSc
Room: 23.HG 4.92.2
My main focus was about wastewater load allocation (WLA) approaches and I worked as a project assistant that is supported by TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye). I was interested in both stochastic and deterministic optimization methods like DE, PSO, LM, HS, GA, CG coding with Matlab. After 2019, I continued my PhD degree and I focused on calibration and validation of mHM (mesoscale hydrological model) for Susurluk Basin.
- Identification of Receiving Water Body Based Discharge Limits - Kucuk Menderes River Basin (Turkey) Case Study, Research Project, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Project No: 116Y414, MSc Student.
- Turkish Government Fully-Funded International Doctoral Scholarship
- Outstanding Doctoral Student Paper Award (14th International Conference on Hydroscience and Engineering)
- Journal Publications
2. SADAK, D., AYVAZ, M. T., ELÇİ, A. “Allocation of Unequally-Weighted Wastewater Discharge Loads Using a Simulation-Optimization Approach”, Journal of Hydrology, 2020 (DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2020.125158) [ Link].
3. TAN, E., SADAK, D., AYVAZ, M. T., “Optimum Design of Sewer Systems by using Differential Evolution Algorithm”,Turkish Journal of Civil Engineering , 31(5), 2020 (DOI: 10.18400/tekderg.541507) [ Link].
- Conference Publications and Presentations
2. SADAK, D., AYVAZ, M. T., ELÇİ, A., DİLAVER, M., AYAZ, S., “A Simulation-Optimization Approach For Solving The Wastewater Load Allocation Problems In River Basin Systems” 14th International International Conference On Hydroscience And Engineering, 25-26 May 2022, Izmir, Turkey.
3. TAN, E., SADAK, D., AYVAZ, M. T., “Optimum design of storm sewer systems by using harmony search optimization approach,” 38th IAHR World Congress, 1-6 September 2019, Panama City, Panama.
4. AYVAZ, M. T., SADAK, D., ELÇİ, A., AYAZ, S., “Optimum allocation of the pollutant distributions based on a linked simulation-optimization approach: Application to the Kucuk Menderes River Basin,” 11th World Congress on Water Resources and Environment (EWRA 2019) “Managing Water Resources for a Sustainable Future”, 25-29 June 2019, Madrid, Spain.
5. SADAK, D., GURARSLAN, G., AYVAZ, M.T., “Gradient Based Analysis of Water Distribution Networks,” 2th Int. Symposium on Water and Wastewater Management, 1029-1036, October 25-27, 2018, Denizli, Turkey.
6. SADAK, D., AYVAZ, M.T., “Optimum Identification of the Artificial Neural Network Weights by using Heuristic Optimization Approaches: Application to Seepage Flow Prediction through Earth-Fill Motru Dam (Romania),” 3rd International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering (ICOCEE), Apr 24-27, 2018, Cesme, Izmir, Turkey.
I am currently a PhD researcher in the Water Resources Section. Before joining TU Delft, I had been working as a research assistant in Türkiye for over 3 years. In 2019, I finished my MSc degree in Water Resources Management and obtained my BSc degree in the Civil Engineering Department at Pamukkale University.