Dr. E. (Elyas) Rakhshani
Elyas Rakhshani is currently working as a postdoctoral researcher at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) in IEGP research center, Netherlands. He joined IEPG center since March of 2017 working on European projects related to control and dynamic stability assessment of renewable/power electronic based power grids. Previous to that, he received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Technical University of Catalonia (UPC), Spain in 2016. He also obtained his M.Sc. degree in Control Systems in 2008 and B.Sc. degree in Power Systems in 2004 from Iran. From 2013 he also joined Abengoa Company, ABENGOA Research department (in Seville, Spain) as a researcher, working on different projects related to modern power systems. His research interests are Power system control, dynamics, and stability; HVDC control and power converter applications in power systems; Frequency control and Optimal intelligent control. On the basis of his research, he published and presented several scientific works/papers in the most distinguished journals and international conferences in the electrical engineering. He has one book chapter, one patent and several journal papers indexed by IEEE, Elsevier, Taylor and Francis. Also, he served as a reviewer for various journals and IEEE conferences and also served as the Technical Program Committee (TPC) Member for different conferences in power and energy fields. ( ORCID Link)
- Power system control and dynamics
- Power electronic based components applied to power systems
- Heuristic based optimization and Advanced control
- Flexible operation of power electronic based generation units
- Integration and control of renewable based generation (Wind Power).
- Automatic Generation Control (AGC)
- AI and ANN applied to power systems
Link to GoogleScholar: scholar.google.com/citations
- Extraordinary Doctorate Award, PhD thesis in Engineering, UPC University, Spain.
- Abengoa Industrial PhD scholarships: Abengoa company, Full-time Scholarship during 2012-2015 at R&D department of Abengoa Company in Seville, Spain.
- IEEE IAS-PELS student grant: IEEE organizer committee, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA; For the 2012 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE).
- Virtual Synchronous Power Strategy for Multiple HVDC Interconnections of Multi-Area AGC Power Systems, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Year: 2017 , Volume: 32 , Issue: 3, Pages: 1665 - 1677 , DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2016.2592971
- Inertia Emulation in AC/DC Interconnected Power Systems Using Derivative Technique Considering Frequency Measurement Effects , IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Year: 2017 , Volume: 32 , Issue: 5, Pages: 3338 - 3351 , DOI: 10.1109/TPWRS.2016.2644698
- Analysis of derivative control based virtual inertia in multi-area high-voltage direct current interconnected power systems , IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Year: 2016 , Volume: 10 , Issue: 6, Pages: 1458 - 1469 , DOI: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2015.1110
- Effects of PLL and frequency measurements on LFC problem in multi-area HVDC interconnected systems, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, October 2016, Volume 81, Pages 140-152.
- Modeling and sensitivity analyses of VSP based virtual inertia controller in HVDC links of interconnected power systems, Electric Power Systems Research, December 2016, Volume 141, Pages 246-263.
- Practical viewpoints on load frequency control problem in a deregulated power system, Energy Conversion and Management, June 2010, Volume 51, Issue 6, Pages 1148-1156.
- Heuristic Optimization of Supplementary Controller for VSC-HVDC/AC Interconnected Grids Considering PLL, Electric Power Components and Systems , Dec 2016, Volume 45, Issue 3, Pages 288-301.
- Intelligent linear-quadratic optimal output feedback regulator for a deregulated automatic generation control system, Electric Power Components and Systems , Feb 2012, Volume 40, Issue 5, Pages 513-533.
- A Novel DC-Bus Sensor-less MPPT Technique for Single-Stage PV Grid-Connected Inverters, Energies 2016 , Volume 9, Issue 4, Pages 248; doi: 10.3390/en9040248
- Active Power and Frequency Control Considering Large-Scale RES, in Large Scale Renewable Power Generation, Pages 233-271, Publisher: Springer Singapore, 2014.
- ancillary activities
- Geen nevenwerkzaamheden -
2019-02-16 - 2021-01-01