Ir. J. Sinke
Ir. J. Sinke
The expertise of Jos is related to the multidisciplinary approach of aerospace manufacturing challenges: the design, material and manufacturing processes are developed concurrently to obtain the best performance. His overview of processes and materials helps him to analyze the problems, transfer ideas from one domain to the other, and to provide solutions with high quality, accuracy and sustainability aspects in mind.
Jos Sinke obtained his Master degree in Aerospace Engineering at TU Delft in 1986. Since then he worked at the faculty in different positions within the department “Aerospace Structures and Materials”. Currently he is Assistant Professor in the chair “Aerospace Manufacturing Technologies”.
His expertise is on workshop properties and manufacturing processes of metal alloys, hybrid materials, like Fiber Metal Laminates, and full composites.
During his career, he has worked on many projects. Some projects focused on the manufacturability of sheet metal parts, others aimed at the development of manufacturing techniques for tailor made sheets and blanks. For the hybrid materials he has been involved in many researches, like for the application of GLARE on the Airbus A-380 and aiming at the development of production processes for this class of materials. His later work focuses more on the development of techniques for continuous fiber thermoplastic composites.
Due to his experience he has a wide overview of manufacturing techniques and working principles of different classes of materials. This makes it interesting to investigate analogies between different domains. Another topic of his interest is to improve the accuracy of part making, thereby facilitating automatic processes in assembly lines.
Next to his research he is involved in education. He is responsible for several Courses, both in Bachelor and Master level, is supervisor for a number of MSc and PhD students, and is involved in several educational committees. Finally, he is also coordinator of the Honors Program of the Faculty.
1. Sinke, J., Feasibility of tailoring of press formed thermoplastic composite parts, Proceedings of the 21st International ESAFORM Conference on Material Forming, ESAFORM 2018.
2. Abouhamzeh, M., Sinke, J., Jansen, K.M.B., Benedictus, R. , Closed form expression for residual stresses and warpage during cure of composite laminates, Composite Structures 133, 2015, pp. 902-910
3. Abouhamzeh, M., Sinke, J., Benedictus, R., Investigation of curing effects on distortion of fibre metal laminates, 2015, Composite Structures122, pp. 546-55
4. Sinke, J., Zadpoor, A. A., , Benedictus, R., 2011, “Tailor-made blanks for the aerospace industry”, in Tailor Welded Blanks for Advanced Manufacturing, Edited by Kinsey, B. L. and Wu, X., Woodhead Publishing Ltd, Cambridge, UK
5. Zadpoor, A.A., Sinke., J., Benedictus, R., The mechanical behavior of adhesively bonded tailor-made blanks, 2009, Int. J. of Adhesion & Adhesives, Vol. 29(5), pag. 558-571
6. J. Sinke, Development of Fibre Metal Laminates, Concurrent Multi-scale Modeling and Testing, Int. Journal of Material Science, Volume 41, number 20, October 2006, p. 6777-6788
7. J. Sinke, Manufacturing of GLARE Parts and Structures , Applied Composites Materials 10, pag. 293-305, 2003.
A modified bias-extension test method for the characterisation of intra-ply shear deformability of hybrid metal-composite laminates
Shichen Liu / Jos Sinke / Clemens Dransfeld
Energy analysis of autoclave CFRP manufacturing using thermodynamics based models
Chizoba J. Ogugua / Sabin V. Anton / Aditya P. Tripathi / Miguel Dominguez Larrabeiti / Sean O. van Hees / Jos Sinke / Clemens A. Dransfeld
Quantification of structural response and edge orientation of Chopped Tape Thermoplastic Composites in net-shaped specimens
Deniz Ezgi Gulmez / Jesus Maldonado / Kunal Masania / Jos Sinke / Clemens Dransfeld
Comparative life cycle assessment of thermoplastic and thermosetting CFRP in aerospace applications
C.J. Ogugua / J. Sinke / C.A. Dransfeld
Experimental and numerical validation of an inter-ply friction model for thermoset based fibre metal laminate under hot-pressing conditions
S. Liu / J. Sinke / C.A. Dransfeld
- Manufacturing of Aerospace…
- Sheet Metal Forming
- Material Selection in…
- Aircraft Manufacturing…
- Design Synthesis
- Production of Aerospace…
- Production of Aerospace…
- Structural Integrity and…