Dr. L.C.M. Itard
Dr. L.C.M. Itard
A. Ioannou, Itard L., Visscher H., Energy Performance and comfort in residential buildings: Sensitivity for building parameters and occupancy, accepted January 2015, Energy and Buildings (2015) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.01.055
Majcen D., Itard L., Visscher H., Actual and theoretical gas consumption in Dutch dwellings: What causes the differences?, July 2013 in Energy Policy 61(2013)460–471
Majcen D., Itard L., Visscher H, Theoretical vs. actual energy consumption of labelled dwellings in the Netherlands: Discrepancies and policy implications January 2013, Energy Policy 54 (2013), 125-136,
- Bedir, M, Hasselaar, E & Itard, LCM (2013). Determinants of electricity consumption in Dutch dwellings. Energy and Buildings, 58, 194-207.
- Guerra Santin O., Itard L. (2012). The effects of energy performance regulations on energy consumption .Energy Efficiency, February 2012, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s12053-012-9147-9, open access.
- Blom, IS, Itard, LCM & Meijer, A (2011). Environmental impact of building-related and user-related energy consumption in dwellings. Building and Environment, 46(8), 1657-1669.
- Blom, IS, Itard, LCM & Meijer, A (2010). Environmental impact of dwellings in use: maintenance of facade components. Building and environment, 45(11), 2526-2538.
- Blom, IS, Itard, LCM & Meijer, A (2010). LCA-based environmental assessment of the use and maintenance of heating and ventilation systems in Dutch dwellings. Building and environment, 45(11), 2362-2372.
- Tambach, M, Hasselaar, E & Itard, LCM (2010). Assessment of current Dutch energy transition policy instruments for the existing housing stock. Energy policy, 38(2), 981-996.
- Guerra Santin, L. Itard (2010), Occupants' behaviour: determinants and effects on residential heating, consumption, Building Research & Information, April 2010, 38: 3, 318 — 338
- P. Sakulpipatsin, L.C.M. Itard, H.J. van der Kooi, E.C. Boelman, P.G. Luscuere, (2010) An exergy application for analysis of buildings and HVAC systems, Energy and Buildings 42, 90–99
- Itard L., Boogaard van den M., Teaching environmental sustainability to higher education students: some reflections, Open House International, June 2010, Volume 35, nr 2, 6-14,
- O. Guerra Santin, L. Itard, H. Visscher, The effect of occupancy and buillding characteristics on energy use for space and water heating in Dutch Residential stock, Energy & Buildings , July 2009, number 41, pp. 1223-1232.
- Meijer F., Itard L., Sunikka M., Comparing European residential building stocks: performance, renovation and policy opportunities, Building Research & Information (JFIS 2.24), September 2009, Volume 37, number 5 & 6, pp 533-551.
- P. Sakulpipatsin, H. van der Kooi, L. Itard, E. Boelman, 2008,The influence of possible definitions of a reference environment to determine the exergy of air in buildings, International Journal of Exergy, volume 5, issue 3, pp.275-295
- L.C.M. Itard, G. Klunder, 2007, Comparing environmental impacts of renovated housing stock with new construction, Building Research & Information (JFIS 2.24), May/June 2007 Volume 35 Number 3, pp. 252-267.
- L.C.M. Itard, Wet compression versus dry compression in heat pumps working with pure refrigerants or non-azeotropic mixtures, Int. J. Refrigeration., Vol. 18, no 7, pp.495, June 1995.
After studying Physics and Thermodynamics in France, Laure Itard worked first at Electricité de France before starting with her PhD research on high efficiency wet-compression-resorption heat pumps at the faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Delft University of Technology, where she got her PhD in 1998. She then worked until 2004 as a consultant and project leader at the Research & Development department of Deerns Consulting Engineers, a large consultancy firm for energy and indoor climate equipment in buildings where she worked among others at software development for building simulations. In 2004 she came back to the Delft University of Technology, were she is currently associate professor at the department OTB-Research for the Built Environment of the faculty of architecture.
In the past years she carried out with a PhD student and master students research in the field of embodied and operational environmental impacts of energy and material use in dwellings. Her main research subject is the assessment of energy policies for the built environment with a strong focus on direct assessment of actual energy use in large samples (from 200 to 2 millions cases). By using several statistical methods relationship between predicted and actual energy consumption, comfort perception, occupant behaviour, household characteristics and building’s physical characteristics are determined. One Phd research on this theme was completed in 2010, the second one will be completed in 2015. She started recently to extend the research towards smaller samples in which detailed monitoring data can provide a better understanding of causal relationships.
Since 2010 she is also professor (lector) at the chair Energy and the Built Environment of the Hague University of Applied Sciences, where she is conducting research on simulation models and building energy management systems. She is supervising there one PhD student and around 10 teachers who wants to improve their research skills. She also initiated and is currently coordinating the minor Smart Energy Design & Management .
She is currently coordinating and/or teaching 4 courses (faculties 3mE, TPM and Hague university), supervising 3 PhD students and is involved in several European and national projects as well as in contract research for diverse clients.
- Rehva Fellowship (April 2013)
- Rehva Award (April 2012)
- B.J. Max Prijs (TVVL), April 2011
- Dow Chemical Energy Dissertation Prize, 1999
Set up, coordination and lead partner:
- Installaties 2020 (2013-2017, Hague University, 1000 kEUR, TU Delft and 12 other partners, RAAK PRO susbdie, http://www.dehaagsehogeschool.nl/lectoraten-en-onderzoek/overzicht-lectoraten/energie-en-de-gebouwde-omgeving/onderzoeksprojecten/raak-pro-installaties-2020
- Climate Adaptive Greenhouses: Inverse Modelling (2010-2015,Hague University, 1000 kEUR, TU Delft and 4 other partners, EOS-LT subsidie (RVO), http://www.dehaagsehogeschool.nl/lectoraten-en-onderzoek/overzicht-lectoraten/energie-en-de-gebouwde-omgeving/onderzoeksprojecten/climate-adaptive-glastuinbouw
- Several research contracts for RVO, Aedes, Rekenkamer Amsterdam
- SuslabNWE (www.suslabnwe.eu, interreg, 2012-2015)
- MONICAIR (www.monicair.nl, TKI Energo, 2012-2015)
- KnoHolEM (www.knoholem, FP7, 2011-2014, Hague University))
- Ecoheat4cities (www.ecoheat4cities.eu, IEE, 2010-2012)
- Erabuild (2004-2007)
- Energy policies for the built environment
- Energie labelling
- Energy systems (demand, distribution and conversion at building and district level)
- Life cycle analysis for the built environment
- Environmental impacts
- Building simulations
- Control & Diagnose strategies for energy systems
- Building physics
Learnings Networks and Professional Development in Building Energy Management Systems Industry
Ali Soleymani / Paula van den Brom / Samir Ahmed / Maaike Konings / Ellen Sjoer / Laure Itard / Wim Zeiler / Maarten De Laat / Marcus Specht
4S3F Diagnostic Bayesian Network method
discussion about application and technical design
Z. Wang / A. Meijer / L.C.M. Itard
A structured approach to online education of future HVAC and energy professionals
L.C.M. Itard / P.M. Bluyssen / P.I. van den Brom
Automated energy performance diagnosis of HVAC systems by the 4S3F method
Arie Taal / L.C.M. Itard
How Networked learning can facilitate professional development?
Ali Soleymani / Maarten de Laat / L.C.M. Itard / M.M. Specht
Energielabels en energie-monitoring
Extra energie besparen met betere afstelling installaties
Review paper for Journal of Energy Policy
Reviews SASBE Conference
SIA-RAAK PRO Award
Lector Laure Itard (De Haagse Hogeschool en TU Delft) kreeg de award - overhandigd door juryvoorzitter Reint Jan Renes. De jury is enthousiast over de relevantie van het onderzoek: “Een gezond binnenklimaat kost veel energie, bovendien blijft veel verspilling onopgemerkt. Daar is veel winst te behalen en dat maakt dit onderzoek uiterst relevant.” Ook is de jury onder de indruk van hoe goed het werkveld is meegenomen. De spelers die er toe doen in het domein van bouw en installatietechniek zijn intensief bij het project betrokken en de resultaten worden vertaald naar het onderwijs.
Rehave granted L. Itard the status of Rehva fellow in recognition of the outstanding services to Rehva org. and work for the improvements of energy efficiency and the indoor environment of buildings
Best paper award: 'Building management for a good indoor climate and low energy use: How much coordination is needed between facility manager and technical manager?'
Uitreiking best paper award tijdens 28th International PLEA Conference
REHVA Professional award for sciences
Uitreiking REHVA Professional award for sciences
B.J. Max Prijs
B.J. Max Prijs wordt uitgereikt aan een persoon die een studie of onderzoek heeft gepubliceerd op een voor alle geïnteresseerden toegankelijke wijze over een onderwerp uit de installatietechniek, waarbij onderzoek en/of nieuwe ontwikkelingen centraal staan.
2018-04-01 - 2023-12-31
Electricity, natural gas, steam and air conditioning supply