Dr.ir. S.C. Jansen
- KoWaNet: Cool heat grids (www.kowanet.nl)
- deZONNET: developing a decentralised, low temperature, feed-in solar heat grid to enable energy efficient heating for residential area's with a dominant heat demand. (supported by TKI Urban Energy, PL0)
- ZONKAPEL: feasibility study of a lare solar dormer with integrated PVT and HVAC systems
- LT ready: feasible and affordable energy renovations to enable low temperature heating
- ANNEX 64. EBC Annex 64 - LowEx Communities. www.annex64.org
- Smart Urban Isle (SUI) (www.smarturbanisle.eu). A Smart Urban Isle is an area (possibly around a large oublica building) that locally balances the energy as much as possible, by exchaging, sharing and storing energy within this area. In this project two case Dutch case studies were included: haarlem (Ramplaankwartier) and Amsterdam (Strandeiland).
- BIES: Buiksloterham Integrated energy system. www.ams-institute.org/solution/bies-buiksloterham-integrated-energy-system/
- ANNEX 49 ECBCS Annex 49 Low Exergy Systems for High-Performance
Buildings and Communities. www.annex49.info/background.html
At the department of Architectural Engineering and Technology, section Climate Design, my research focusses on innovative, sustainable and future proof energy concepts for buildings and neighbourhoods. This includes the development and evaluation of sustainable heating solutions for the built environment, in relation to the required heat transition in the Netherlands.
My current focus is on developing neighbourhood energy systems that make as much use of the local energy potential as possible, in order to minimize the energy needed from outside the project area. For this aim I also use the exergy aproach, to make optimal use of the potential of (energy) resources. Furthermore, I aim at including circularity in the energy focused projects as well. With these assumptions, low temperature heating systems are very promising and must be further developed, since many renewable sources are available at relatively low temperatures (typically below 35 degrees). The projects projects I am involved in, my (educational) lectures and the master theses I supervise are focussed on these topics.
Recently finalised projects:
- 2015 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2014 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2013 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2017 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2016 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2018 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2019 - Technology 3 Technical Scientific Fundaments II
- 2018 - Urban Environments and Infrastructures
- 2019 - Urban Environments and Infrastructures