Profiling Fund Scheme: boards & committees
You may be eligible for financial assistance from the TU Delft Profiling Fund if you experience study delay due to circumstances such as participation in a board or committee of your study, student or sports association, or participating in a Dream Team or representative bodies (Student Council, Faculty Student Council of Board of Studies).
The application procedure for financial assistance consists of the undermentioned steps. Specific information regarding the procedure is available in the TU Delft Profiling Fund Scheme 2021.
- Application submitted by the association or organisation for recognition of months for the new board year
- Individual application submitted by the student for financial assistance
In order to be eligible for financial assistance from the Profiling Fund, associations and organisations need to be officially recognised by the Executive Board. This recognition is valid for a period of 3 years in the case of associations and organisations, and for a period of 1 year for student projects - Dream Teams (box 5). This recognition must be applied for before January prior to the 3-year cycle.
At the latest 1 January
The association / organisation submits an application for recognition of months to the Executive Board (with the exception of Representative bodies). The associations / organisations are divided into the following boxes:
Box 2: Study associations
Box 3: Student societies
Box 4: Sports and cultural associations
Box 5: Student education and research projects (Dream Teams)
Box 6: Interests and other projects/activities
|At the latest 1 April||The Executive Board determines the amount for administrative months (€255-€310) and committee months (€100-€155) and determines the distribution amongst the recognised study associations.|
|At the latest 1 May||ESA announces the amount and distribution of the financial assistance.|
Once you know that you are going to participate in administrative activities for longer than 9 months, report this to your degree programme/faculty academic counsellor.
When your administrative activities don't take more than 9 months, you are not obliged to visit your academic counsellor. Though it is advised.
Your association allocates the reserved months to the Student Administration so that they can expect a request from you. If your association reserved administrative months for you, you can submit an individual application from 1 July. If you do this before 31 August, payment will follow in September if you meet all the requirements. If you do this before 30 September, payment will follow in October, if you meet all the requirements. In case of committee months, an individual application is not necessary. The decision will be send automatically in the academic year following the year in which the activity took place.
Are you eligble for the Profiling Fund? Please check the following requirements:
- The study delay can be recognised if the activity was carried out within the period of the performance-related grant (for EU students) or within the nominal study period (for non-EU students).
- To be eligible for financial assistance, you must be registered as a full-time student during the administrative activity.
- As a bridging student you are not eligible for financial assistance (a bridging student does not pay statutory tuition fees and therefore does not comply with Article 7.51c WHW).
- You are not eligible for financial assistance in the first year of your current Bachelor’s degree programme, with the exception of activities as a member of the Board of studies.
- If you do an administrative activity in your second year of your current study, the financial assistance is limited to a maximum of 4 months.
- During your entire registration for a degree programme at TU Delft, you are eligible for a maximum of 12 months of financial assistance
- When participating in a part-time activity, the financial assistance is limited to a maximum of 10 months. When participating in a full-time activity, the financial assistance is limited to a maximum of 12 months.
- If you received 10 or more board months for 1 single administrative activity, you may additionally be eligible for a maximum of 6 committee months.
If you want to be eligible for financial assistance from the Profiling Fund, you are strongly advised to think carefully about doing an administrative activity. After all, you don't want to be delayed too much. You can use the scheme below as a guide for your study progress. Due to a court decision, the progress requirement is no longer a hard requirement from 2020-2021. The associations have been asked to use the following as a guideline when recruiting board members.
Start of administrative activity in the period from 1 September to 31 March, with 1 September as reference date
Start of administrative activity in the period from 1 April to 31 August, with 1 April as reference date
2e academic year of Bachelor's degree
3e academic year of Bachelor's degree
4e academic year of Bachelor's degree
5e academic year of Bachelor's degree
Finished Bachelor's degree
Finished Bachelor's degree
Financial assistance from the Profiling Fund is paid at the end of the academic year in which you performed the administrative activities. Dependent on the financial assistance for which you are eligible, you will either be paid in monthly instalments (administrative months) or as a lump sum (committee months).
Please note: ensure that you are enrolled at TU Delft during the period of payment.