The psychologists from Career & Counselling Services can provide you as a TU Delft student, PhD or PDEngs candidate with treatment and support in the event of psychological problems that prevent you from studying effectively or completing your PhD/PDEng. Our treatment is meant for problems related to, or leading to, stagnation in your studies or PhD process.
A preliminary appointment will be made to assess the duration and type of support warranted by the nature and gravity of the problems you present. We may offer short individual consultation, a relevant course. We may also come to the conclusion that we are not able to answer or solve your problem, or refer you to a suitable party, especially if your problem is not within the scope of our expertise. If so, we will communicate this clearly. A referral to a suitable external party can be arranged if necessary.
We fully abide by the professional code of the Dutch Institute of Psychologists (NIP) and the Health Care Professions Act (BIG). Anything discussed remains confidential. We mainly use cognitive and behavioural therapy methods and techniques. We recognize the importance of evidence-based working methods. In other words, the methods and techniques we use have been proven to be effective and we continuously evaluate whether we are reaching our set goals.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if anything is unclear or if you have any further questions.
Beware: The student psychologists are not available from August 15th up to and including August 21st.
- On these days the mailbox will not be read and the walk-in hour will be cancelled.
- For students: in case of an emergency please contact your general practitioner ("huisarts") or the central doctors' line (Huisartsenpost Delft) 015-251 19 30.
- If there is a risk of suicide, call 113: 0900-0113.
- In all other cases of emergency, always call 112.
How to contact us:
- Walk-in hours: During the walk-in hours we are available for short questions. We will give you short advice regarding the issue at hand.
- Individual consultation: Sign up here. The current waiting time for a first appointment is approximately 9-11 weeks. If our current waiting time is too long for you, please consider to go to your GP. Your GP can refer you to another psychologist. It’s also possible to attend our workshops in the meantime.
- Workshops/courses: An overview and application details for all courses can be found on Brightspace. Also look at: our monthly calendar.
- Application for supportive statements: For RAS, BSA, DUO, extension of the study period, etc., more information here.