e.g. Profiling Fund, BSA, DUO and MoMi
You should always first contact the academic counsellor at your faculty should you experience a study delay due to unforeseen circumstances. He/She will inform and advise you on (financial) support available, as well as help you in the application process for Profiling Fund, BSA, DUO, etc.
Keep in mind there are different hand-in deadlines for different requests. The academic counsellor can help you with this. Make sure you apply for the supportive statement 21 days before the hand-in deadline!
We can only write a supportive statement if someone is receiving or received psychological treatment. Or if there is tangible evidence of a diagnosis with a study disability (AD(H)D / autism spectrum disorder).
Should you require a supporting statement from a psychologist: please follow the 6-step procedure described below.
Note: only fully completed requests will be accepted.
- First make an appointment with an academic counsellor.
- Download and fill in the psychologists' information form as complete as possible.
- Write a 'personal statement' of what happened during the period in which you started to fall behind in your studies (max. 1 A4).
- Should you have received treatment from a support professional outside TU Delft, we need information regarding the treatment. You are required to ask the professional that treated you to answer the questions in this letter.
- Email the fully completed psychologists' information form together with your 'personal statement', any additional treatment information, for the MoMi the 'study progress form' and/or other relevant information to email@example.com (21 days before the deadline). Please indicate in the subject box what support procedure the statement is required for (Profiling Fund / BSA / DUO / Momi).
- On receiving all relevant information you will be invited to meet one of the psychologists as soon as possible.
- Should the psychologist see grounds for a supportive statement, it will usually be given to you right after the appointment.
- Report to the academic counsellor again and bring the 'personal statement' (you may omit personal issues that you reported to the psychologist) + the supporting statement.
Important deadlines BSA and Momi
- 25 March 2019: deadline application of supportive statement at student psychologists (deadline comittee 8 April 2019)
- 27 May 2019: deadline application of supportive statement at student psychologists (deadline committee 17 June 2019)
- 7 August 2019: deadline application of supportive statement at student psychologists (deadline comittee August 2019)
After these dates we can not guarantee that the application will be processed in time for the committee deadline.
- 14 August 2019: deadline application of supportive statement at student psychologists (deadline committee 30 August)