Your first point of contact for questions and problems related to your studies is always your academic advisor in the faculty. You can the be referred by the academic counsellor to meet the central student counsellors for the following reasons:
- Financial support in case of delays due to special circumstances
- Facilities and short-term guidance when studying with a disability or chronic illness
- Support in applying for a private fund or complex issues regarding the (further) funding of your studies
- Support for lodging a complaint or objection (education related)
- Support for complex questions regarding arrangements and/or facilities
It is wise to ask for help or advice promptly. The sooner you discuss a problem, the better we can find the right support for you, and should the circumstances you are dealing with lead to a request for financial support at a later stage, the timely report of those circumstances is one of the preconditions for eligibility.
Do you have any questions for the student counsellors? Send an email to email@example.com call 015-2788004 or come to one of our open office hours from Monday to Thursday from 12.45 to 13.45.
The conversations with a student counsellor are confidential and free of cost. If necessary, we will refer you to other advisers or experts at the TU Delft or to external parties.