The thesis report documents the results of the Master’s Thesis Project. It contains an account of the work, the followed procedure, intermediate milestones and the decisions taken. The thesis report must be written in English.
The Thesis report includes the following:
- Title page: which contains the title of the thesis, the date of the thesis defence, the name and student number, the chosen specialisation, the master programme, the faculty EEMCS, and TU Delft.
- A preface: that explains the topic of the thesis, the context (institute or company), the main findings in a few lines and the names of the members of the thesis committee. The preface may end with a few acknowledgements, and completed with name and date.
- An introduction chapter: that introduces the main research themes and gives an overview of the report.
- A chapter: with prior art that describes previous work and scientific publications relevant for the topic. This chapter reformulates the research questions in a form that complies with the state of the art in the field.
- Several chapters: that describe the performed work.
- A concluding chapter: which contains a discussion of the results, and recommendations and suggestions for future research.
- A scientific paper about the work: (not obligatory) often written together with the thesis advisor, added as an appendix.