In exceptional cases, the Board of Examiners can grant individual students with a disability permission to sit an exam in an alternative way.
Facilities may include conditions modified to suit the individual student, extra time to sit the written or practical exam, or the use of practical aids.
Discuss your request with an academic counsellor first. You will be eligible for alternative exam conditions if:
- you have special personal circumstances;
- the proposed alternative conditions do not affect the quality or difficulty of the subject or exam programme;
- the request is supported by the academic counsellor and a medical declaration.
- You can submit a written request to the Board of Examiners. A request to sit an exam in an alternative way to that stated in the prospectus must comprise the following information:
- Name of student
- Name of subject, subject code, lecturer
- Date of assessment
- Reason for request
- Proposed alternative
- Reaction of academic counsellor
- If the student has a disability: a declaration from a medical specialist:
- GP/student physician
- psychologist (student psychologist)
- declaration from the hospital
PLEASE NOTE: The request must be submitted at least 20 working days before the date of the exam. Requests that do not contain all the above-mentioned information will not be processed.