Enrolment and unenrolment education
Enrolment for education takes place twice a year in specific periods. Enrolment is compulsory to be able to participate in educational activities. Each student is obliged to enrol for the upcoming semester halfway the second quarter of the current semester. Bachelor 1 students please pay attention: you are obliged to enrol for Bachelor 2 to be able to start with semester 2 in the spring semester (the enrolment for education is independent of your enrolment at Delft University of Technology via Studielink). Also International Master students have to enrol as of Master 2 for courses themselves. Please note that besides enrolling for education you also have to enrol for the exams separately. Before the start of the new semester, the faculty will check whether you meet the admission requirements.
Enrolment for education in spring semester 2019-2020
- Enrolment for an MSc3/graduation selection studio
MSc3 Explore Lab uses a selection procedure for the placement of students. You can register for this studio from Monday 21 October 11:00 up to and including Wednesday 23 October 24:00 (midnight). On Thursday 18 october 2019 between 12:30 – 13:45 at 02.East.600 (Explore Lab studio) you can register for a specific date and timeslot for a selection interview. You can only register for a selection interview during this registration meeting!
- Pre-enrolment period for MSc3/graduation Architecture studio (including the accompanying courses)
From Monday 11 November 11:00 up to and including Monday 18 November 12:00. You can find more information about the complete enrolment procedure for MSc3 Architecture studios at the bottom of this page.
- Enrolment period for all other Bachelor and Master courses/studios
From Monday 25 November 11:00 up to and including Friday 6 december 24:00 (midnight).
You can enrol for education by means of the enrolment system called BIS (Bouwkunde Inteken Systeem). To enter BIS click here. In the enrolment system you can enrol for the study programme of your preference for next semester. Changing your study programme after closure of the enrolment system is not possible.
When during or after the enrolment period you decide not to participate in a course you enrolled for you should unenrol yourself. Log into BIS and then choose 'unenrol' in the menu. Please note that in order to organise the education in an efficient and effective way it is important that the number of enrolments for a course is correct. So please do not forget to unenrol when you won't participate in a course after all and inform the course coordinator.
Specific information about enrolment for Master courses
- Most MSc2 studios and Master electives, have a maximum number of participants. You can only enrol for these courses, as long as the maximum capacity of students has not been reached yet. When the maximum of a course has been reached this means you have to enrol for an alternative course. Therefore, it is important to think of the alternative courses of your preference, before you start to enrol for courses with a maximum capacity. So in case the course of your first choice is full, you can immediately enrol for one of your alternative.
- Exchange students who have already selected a programme, cannot change this programme. From an organisational point of view, it is not possible to switch between programmes and it is not possible to add components to a programme already selected.
- International Master students (who attend the complete Master track) are not allowed to change tracks.
Enrolment procedure MSc3 Architecture studios
- From 11 November up to and including 18 November 2019 11:59 (the pre-enrolment period) students can enrol for the studio of their first choice in BIS. (They can only enrol for one studio!) There is no first-come-first-served rule and every student can enrol whether the maximum capacity of a studio has been reached or not.
- Education and Student Affairs will discuss the number of enrolments and the capacity with the MSc3 coordinators. If necessary and possible the capacity will be increased to make sure as many students as possible can participate in the studio of their first choice. If all students enrolled for a studio can be placed, they receive an email about their final placement on 22 November 2019 at the latest. If there are still too many enrolments for a studio, students will be placed for the studio by random selection. Students will be informed by email whether they are selected and thus placed in the studio or not on 22 November 2019 at the latest.
- From 23 - 24 November 2019 students who are not selected for the studio of their first choice can enrol in BIS for one of the studios with places left. Enrolment during this period is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- From 25 November up to and including 6 December 2019 (the regular enrolment period) students who did not enrol during the pre-enrolment period can enrol for one of the studios with places left. Enrolment during this period is on a first-come-first-served basis.
For questions you can send an email to: Intekenenemail@example.com.