Enrolment and unenrolment education
Enrolment for education takes place twice a year in specific periods. Enrolment is compulsory to be able to participate in educational activities. Each student is obliged to enrol for the upcoming semester halfway the second quarter of the current semester. Bachelor 1 students please pay attention: you are obliged to enrol for Bachelor 2 to be able to start with semester 2 in the spring semester (the enrolment for education is independent of your enrolment at Delft University of Technology via Studielink). Also International Master students have to enrol as of Master 2 for courses themselves. Please note that besides enrolling for education you also have to enrol for the exams separately. Before the start of the new semester, the faculty will check whether you meet the admission requirements.
Enrolment for education in autumn semester 2020-2021
- Selection procedure Explore Lab
Explore Lab is only for students who have a strong fascination for a specific topic which is not dealt with in another MSc3/graduation studio. If you would like to participate in Explore Lab in the coming spring semester 2019-2020 you have to do the following:
- Check the info on Architecture Master tracks programme page about Explore Lab.
- Enroll for Explore Lab from 6 - 10 April 2020 in BIS.
- Send an email to Explore Lab coordinator Roel van de Pas with a request to register for a date and time slot for an online selection interview.
You can only register for a selection interview after enrolling in BIS! The online selection interviews will take place on Thursday 16 April, Friday 17 April, Monday 20 April and Tuesday 21 April.
- Pre-enrolment period for MSc1 Architecture studio
As of this academic year there is a pre-enrolment period for MSc1 Architecture studios. If you'd like to do an MSc1 Architecture studio in the coming autumn semester 2020-2021 you can pre-enrol from Monday 27 April 11:00 up to and including Wednesday 29 April 24:00 (midnight). During this pre-enrolment period you can enrol for three preferences for an MSc1 Architecture studio. You can find more information about the complete enrolment procedure for MSc1 Architecture studios at the bottom of this page.
- Pre-enrolment period for MSc3/graduation Architecture studio (including the accompanying courses)
From Monday 27 April 11:00 up to and including Wednesday 29 April 24:00 (midnight). You can find more information about the complete enrolment procedure for MSc3 Architecture studios at the bottom of this page.
- Enrolment period for all other Bachelor and Master courses/studios
From Monday 11 May 11:00 up to and including Friday 22 May 24:00 (midnight).
You can enrol for education by means of the enrolment system called BIS (Bouwkunde Inteken Systeem). To enter BIS click here. In the enrolment system you can enrol for the study programme of your preference for next semester. Changing your study programme after closure of the enrolment system is not possible.
When during or after the enrolment period you decide not to participate in a course you enrolled for you should unenrol yourself. Log into BIS and then choose 'unenrol' in the menu. Please note that in order to organise the education in an efficient and effective way it is important that the number of enrolments for a course is correct. So please do not forget to unenrol when you won't participate in a course after all and inform the course coordinator.
Specific information about enrolment for Master courses
- Most MSc2 studios and Master electives, have a maximum number of participants. You can only enrol for these courses, as long as the maximum capacity of students has not been reached yet. When the maximum of a course has been reached this means you have to enrol for an alternative course. Therefore, it is important to think of the alternative courses of your preference, before you start to enrol for courses with a maximum capacity. So in case the course of your first choice is full, you can immediately enrol for one of your alternative.
- Exchange students who have already selected a programme, cannot change this programme. From an organisational point of view, it is not possible to switch between programmes and it is not possible to add components to a programme already selected.
- International Master students (who attend the complete Master track) are not allowed to change tracks.
Enrolment procedure MSc1 Architecture studio/programme
- From 27 April up to and including 29 April 2020 (the pre-enrolment period) you can enrol for three preferences for an MSc1 Architecture studio in BIS. There is no first-come-first-served rule and every student can enrol whether the maximum capacity of a studio has been reached or not. If you are going to start with the Master track Architecture in the autumn semester 2020-2021 you should enrol for three preferences for a complete MSc1 Architecture programme, so including the accompanying compulsory courses. If you'd like to do only an MSc1 Architecture studio, because you already followed an MSc1 Architecture studio, but failed it, you should enrol for three preferences for only an MSc1 Architecture studio. In BIS you have to select the MSc1 Architecture studio/programme of your first choice, and subsequently select your first and second alternative (i.e. your second and third choice).
- Education and Student Affairs will try to place as many students as possible at one of their three preferences. Students who enrol for an MSc1 Architecture programme for the first time have priority over students who are doing or already have done an MSc1 Architecture studio. You will be informed no later than 7 May 2020 whether you are placed at one of your three preferences, and if so, at which one.
- Students who didn't enrol during the pre-enrolment period can enrol from 11 May up to and including 22 May 2020 (the regular enrolment period) for one of the studios with places left. Enrolment during this period is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Enrolment procedure MSc3 Architecture studios
- From 27 April up to and including 29 April 2020 (the pre-enrolment period) students can enrol for the studio of their first choice in BIS. (They can only enrol for one studio!) There is no first-come-first-served rule and every student can enrol whether the maximum capacity of a studio has been reached or not.
- Education and Student Affairs will discuss the number of enrolments and the capacity with the MSc3 coordinators. If necessary and possible the capacity will be increased to make sure as many students as possible can participate in the studio of their first choice. If all students enrolled for a studio can be placed, they receive an email about their final placement on 7 May 2020 at the latest. If there are still too many enrolments for a studio, students will be placed for the studio by random selection. Students will be informed by email whether they are selected and thus placed in the studio or not on 7 May 2020 at the latest.
- From 11 May up to and including 22 May 2020 (the regular enrolment period) students who did not enrol during the pre-enrolment period can enrol for one of the studios with places left. Enrolment during this period is on a first-come-first-served basis.
For questions you can send an email to: Intekenenemail@example.com.