Application at host university
Selection by the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment means that we are going to nominate you with our partner university. Please note: Our nomination does not automatically mean that you will be accepted by the host university. The host university may always turn down an application. Your placement abroad is only final once it has been accepted by the host university. Do not book your flight or sublet your room until you have received your admission letter from the host university. The faculty is not liable for any extra costs, such as tickets, cancellation fees etc.
You have to apply at the host university yourself! We expect you to act, independently and actively. Visit the host university’s website and investigate their application procedure and deadlines. Take action if and when necessary. Read all their information carefully before you decide to send them your questions. It is your own responsibility to meet the application deadline. You will receive information how to do this from the host university or from us.
- Usually the application is an online process.
- The host university has different requirements for the application than the faculty does. So, please adjust your application documents (motivation letter, CV, portfolio, etcetera) to the requirements of the host!
- If applications must be sent by regular post, always send them through the International Office. You can use a TU Delft envelope, address it correctly and leave it in the “Uitgaande Post” folder in the International Office. Do not wait until the very last day!
Furthermore, please keep in mind:
- Pay attention to the language requirements as some universities require incoming exchange students to take a language proficiency test (it can take some time before you can take such a test and data are ‘sold out’ soon, so please register for a test as soon as possible!).
- Check the start and end date of the semester. It is not possible to start later or leave earlier, so make sure it fits you programme in Delft.
Your registration with the partner university will not be official until you have received their admission letter / letter of acceptance. Keep in mind that our partner universities work with strict deadlines!