Students who obtained academic credits at another university, or through a different TU Delft programme, can be eligible for course exemptions under specific conditions.
How to submit a course exemption
When you consider yourself eligible for a course exemption, you must submit an exemption request to the Board of Examiners. Your request must include the following basic information:
- Your full name
- Your student number
- Your email address
- Your full address
- Your daytime telephone number
- Your first year of enrolment at Aerospace Engineering
- Exemption for Aerospace Engineering course(s) (code, instructor and ECTS):
- Equivalent course(s) (code, instructor and ECTS):
Note: If the number of credits obtained at a different institution is not listed in ECTS, you must submit an official statement from that institution stating the ECTS equivalency for the course.
Additionally, send the following documents along with your exemption request:
- An official course description of the course(s) that you completed
- Certified transcripts in order
Exemption for internship (AE5050)
It remains possible for students that believe they have working experience that can reasonably be considered being of MSc level, to hand in an exemption request to the Board of Examiners, which will take all exemption requests in consideration. Students can be eligible for an exemption of the Internship (AE5050) under specific conditions. In addition to the information required for exemption requests listed above, an exemption request for the internship must also include the following:
- Proof of employment, including the amount of hours
- Resume (CV)
- Recommendation letter
- Letter explaining your situation including a description of the company and tasks performed.
- If applicable, (technical) report
Note: Requests will be assessed case by case and based on the expected learning objectives of the internship course AE5050 Internship.
The Board of Examiners meets monthly to discuss the requests. Requests have to be submitted two weeks prior to a meeting. You can find the meetings of the BoE at Board of Examiners (tudelft.nl). You will be informed of the decision of the Board in writing.
It is your responsibility to submit a well-documented exemption request. Only complete requests are accepted for processing.