At TU Delft every faculty has academic counsellors. An academic counsellor can provide you with general information about your study programme and about studying at TU Delft. The academic counsellor can also provide you with personal guidance and advice regarding the specific situation you are in. You can contact the academic counsellor with all sorts of questions, see below.
You can reach us via
Send an e-mail
- You can always send an email. We try to answer your question within one week. Please use email@example.com to contact us.
Make an online appointment
- Via our online agenda tool you can make an appointment with one of our academic counsellors. During an appointment, a counsellor can take roughly 30 minutes to speak with you. Of course, you can have one or more follow-up meetings after that.
For the time being, it is not possible to make a physical appointment at the faculty. It is momentarily only possible to make contact in the ways described above.
What is our role?
We advise students on the following topics:
- Study doubts, changing their study programme
- Personal circumstances (illness, accident, handicap, psychological problems, problems at home)
- Study planning
- Honours programme, extra courses
- Study delay
- Requests to the examination board
- Contacts with teachers and the student’s graduation team (chair and mentor)
We provide individual counselling for problems related to:
- Study motivation
- Handicap, chronical illness
- Stress, study discipline, fear of failure
- Choice of study
- Adapting to the Dutch language and life
We can refer to:
- Central student counsellors for legal and financial matters and studying with a handicap
- Student psychologists for study-related psychological problems, and training in social capabilities, assertiveness and constructive thinking
- Student doctors for RSI treatment, vaccinations and medical statements
- Career counsellors
- Student counsellors elsewhere, general practitioner, external specialists
We need to be consulted on:
- During the online education regime: requests for a study place at the faculty due to personal/special circumstances
- Requests for financial compensation for study delay as a result of personal circumstances
- Study Progress Reports for the Modern Migration Policy Act
- Combination of sports on a top level in combination with studying
Come to us immediately if you experience personal circumstances that (may) influence your studies!
Academic counsellors IDE
- van Lawick, J.A. (Jeroen)
Room C4-160: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- van Drunen, A. (Annemiek)
Room C4-160: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Melchior, S. (Stefan)
Kamer C4-150: Tuesday until Friday