Application, selection, nomination
The number of exchange places at the partner universities is limited and well in demand. For all places there is an application and selection procedure. Students need to prepare themselves and their choice destination(s) well before the application deadline of 15 December. Students give three choices for exchange destinations and need to motivate their first choice in a motivation letter.
Students will be selected based on their study results and motivation. The selected students will then be nominated to the partner university. After that, the students will follow the application and admission procedure of the partner university.
Now that you have completed the orientation and preparation part of the exchange process, it is time for your application for which you have to take the following steps.
Enrol for the ‘Study Abroad TPM’ Brightspace course
Find the Checklist Study Abroad for all the steps you need to take to apply successfully for an exchange.
Please upload the following documents:
- Official transcript of records including GPA of Bachelor and Master programmes (if applicable)
- Motivation letter – in English - with your motivation for the first choice, and a preliminary studyplan for the first choice destination (1 A4 length)
- A resume (CV) is not required.
Selection criteria exchange
- GPA in Bachelor programme
- GPA in Master programme so far (only Master students)
- Study progress (in case of a study delay for personal or study-related reasons please indicate this in the motivation letter). Bachelor students are required to have obtained all first year courses (60 ec), before departure. If you have not, please indicate how you will obtain the full 60 ec before the start of the exchange.
- Required language skills
The application tool osistud.tudelft.nl is open from 15 November – 15 December (midnight).
After confirming your selection (or admission to a project), you should start further preparations. These preparations include:
Available courses and workshops
If you want to do an exchange program to a country where don’t know the language, it is possible to follow some language and communication courses. For some universities you will have to take a language test. Passing this test will form one of the conditions for admission to the university. The minimum test scores vary from one institute to another. The Centre for Languages and Academic Skills at DUT offers several language courses from which to choose. Also, many European universities offer summer language courses to incoming exchange students. Furthermore, an increasing number of foreign universities are offering study programs in English. Contact the International Officer for more information.
You can sign up for travel safety instructions here.