The TPM building is open Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 22:00, the faculty is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Service Desk is the first source of assistance for students and employees regarding questions about educational or student affairs, IT facilities or services. The Service Desk is located in the foyer on the ground floor. The people at the Service Desk can help you with:
- questions about education;
- questions about NetID and ICT;
- requesting a certified list of grades;
- handing in forms;
- reporting defects in the building;
- reserving a projectroom in the A-0 wing ground floor;
- via the service point you can borrow an HDMI cable and markers, among other things;
- lost and found (with the exception of clothing and water bottles, which are collected in a blue crate in the hall near room A).
The faculty of TPM is located in a U-shaped building. It is divided into 4 wings, A, B, C and D. Wing A is the left wing (from the front entrance), Wing C is the wing on the right. Wing B connects A and C. Wing B has 4 floors, Wings A and C have 3. Wing D comprises most of the student facilities and is located above the parking area.
Room numbers are constructed like this: wing floor, room number.
Study spots are available during the opening hours of TPM (from 08:00-22:00).
The study spots are mainly found in the "Studielandschap" on the ground floor and on the 1st floor in wing D. In addition, a separate project room on the first floor of Wing A can be reserved via the Service Desk on 3 different time slots per day. When lecture rooms are not reserved for teaching activities, the lecture rooms within the TPM building are also free to use as self-study spots.
For the above, at all times, a room must be left properly with the furniture in its original condition and no disturbance is caused. When a lecture room is reserved for teaching activities, the room must be empty 15 minutes before the lesson begins.
A limited number of lockers is available in the D-wing. You can use these lockers with your campus card. There is an instruction attached to the lockers. You can use the locker during a week (Monday up to and including Friday). Every Friday the lockers will be emptied and released. The remaining stuff will be left at the Service point in the main hall of the faculty.
TU Delft supports the ambition of achieving a ‘smoke-free generation’ in the Netherlands. For this reason the TU Delft Campus is smoke-free. This means that staff, students and visitors of TU Delft are no longer allowed to smoke on a large area of the campus.
Prior to an examination period, days are set on which TPM has extended evening opening hours until 0:00.
For the academic year 2023-2024, the following days have been set for TPM:
- Week 1.9: Monday 30 October, Tuesday 31 October, Wednesday 1 November
- Week 1.10: Monday 6 November, Tuesday 7 November, Wednesday 8 November
- Week 2.9: Monday 22 January, Tuesday 23 January, Wednesday 24 January
- Week 2.10: Monday 29 January, Tuesday 30 January, Wednesday 31 January
- Week 3.9: Monday 8 April, Tuesday 9 April, Wednesday10 April
- Week 3.10: Monday 15 April, Tuesday 16 April, Wednesday 17 april
- Week 4.9: Monday 17 June, Tuesday 18 June, Wednesday 19 June
- Week 4.10: Monday 24 June, Tuesday 25 June, Wednesday 26 June
The Echo, Pulse and Library buildings have more extended evening openings during the XXL weeks. Check the web pages of each building for this.