Central Complaints Desk for students

If you have a complaint about TU Delft, or a particular faculty or staff member(s), it is important that you first attempt to resolve the problem with that staff member(s) or department directly. You should explain your complaint and ask for a response. If you are unable to resolve the matter in this way, you can contact the Central Complaints Desk for students. The Complaints Desk will put your complaint to the individual or department concerned and ask them to cooperate in finding a solution. If you do not agree with the result, you can contact the ombudsman for students.

The Central Complaints Desk for students is part of the Education and Student Affairs Section, and is managed by the team of student counsellors . Depending on the nature of your complaint, a student counsellor will determine how and by whom your complaint will be handled. This is usually the head of Education and Student Affairs at the faculty concerned. In some cases, the central student counsellor will decide that he/she needs to handle the case personally or refer it to the ombudsman for students.

The Central Complaints Desk does not handle complaints involving inappropriate conduct, discrimination or intimidation (including sexual intimidation). If your complaint concerns one of these issues, one of TU Delft’s confidential advisors can offer you help, advice or support.