The International Internship Fund
Application Deadline: before the start of your internship abroad | €250 for non European destinations - €100 for European destinations | Internship
Grants can only be awarded if you are permitted to travel and physically reside at your host address.
Students considering travelling abroad for their Internship should check the TU Delft information page regarding coronavirus.
You can also contact your Internship coordinator for more information.
To qualify for an IIF fund grant you must meet the following conditions:
- You have to register your internship abroad contact details in MyTUDelft;
- Submit your application along with form “International Internship Fund Statement“ before the start of your internship abroad;
- You are at least enrolled and started in your 2nd year of study (minimum 45 ECTS obtained for Bachelor students)
- You maintain your full-time enrolment during your stay abroad and you are not an exchange student at TU Delft;
- The internship is part of your TU Delft academic programme and is worth minimum 10 EC
- It is not part of your Master graduation project
- Your internship income is less than 1000 euros net per month;
- You have not received the IIF Fund grant before;
- You do not receive any other grants from a TU Delft mobility fund (ERASMUS+, JvE, scholarship UfD, IDEA Leagues student research grant, TBI Stagefonds, Holland Scholarship, STIR, VM) in addition to the IIF grant. You must keep TU Delft informed of the outcome of any external grant applications. TU Delft has the right to withdraw the IIF scholarship or to demand (partial or whole) repayment of sums already paid, in case an external grant is awarded to the student.
- The internship does not take place in your country of origin
- You are to refrain from engaging in activities of a political and/or commercial nature during your time abroad that could damage the reputation of TU Delft.
TU Delft has a yearly budget for IIF grants. The amount of the IIF grant for 2021-2022 is a one-off compensation to the amount of 250 euros for non-European destinations and 100 euros for all European destinations. If the IIF grant is awarded, it will be paid to you in one instalment after your return, upon receipt of the transcript of records stating your internship grade. The IIF grants will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your application is not complete, your application will not be processed. The transcript of records must be uploaded in MyTUDelft within 6 months after the conclusion of your internship. If we have not received your report before this date, the grant awarded to you will expire.
Should your internship abroad not commence or be terminated early you will need to inform TU Delft immediately via email@example.com.