1684 - Key Account Manager
(automotive LED sales team)
This international Japanese company with their European headquarters in our nation’s capital is the number one LED (Light Emitting Diodes) manufacturer in the world with the largest market share among other high brightness LED manufacturers. With 20 locations and around 9000 employees worldwide they provide reliable customer support to thousands of customers across the globe.
Throughout the history of the company they have focussed on inventions and development of different types of LEDs across the full range of the visible spectrum. They have a wide selection of LEDs for all kinds of applications, such as:
- Automotive with highly reliable LEDs to support applications with high safety standards
- General lighting applications requiring colour rendering and long life-time
- UV-LEDs for ink curing (printing) and bill checking
The automotive industry requires high quality LEDs since they are used in products with high safety standards and that is why you need to understand the technical aspects of LEDs and their usage. You will be involved from project sales to discussing the design and production methods up to delivery. Using logic and reasoning you identify the strengths and weaknesses of different solutions or approaches to problems. This is where you use your engineering background and also in maintaining in-depth product knowledge and application requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Negotiate pricing and terms with customers. You have the ability to sell on value instead of price alone.
- Doing market research and strategic planning.
- Sales Forecast/Planning and data maintenance.
- Reporting to seniors in Europe / corporate HQ in Japan.
Building a relationship with international clients requires attention to details and gathering comprehensive information on customer needs. Listening to what international customers want and providing them with the necessary technical solutions is a key component of this job.
Travelling to and visiting (new) clients is the most effective way to build client commitment and increasing the current customer base. You can expect to be travelling in and around Europe for approximately 30%-40% of the time and sometimes more.
- TU, discipline Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Several years of commercial experience
- Customer focussed, pro-active and entrepreneurial
- Passionate in achieving sales objectives through solving customers’ needs
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably French as well, both orally and written
- Knowledge of the automotive industry is a big plus
Non-EU engineers graduated in the Netherlands are also welcome to apply.