The focus of TEACH will be on the delivery of an active teaching session. You will deliver an activating teaching session to your peers and trainer after which you will receive feedback both on the content and presentation of your session. Furthermore, you are expected to provide a teaching activity to a real class of students, that you need to organise yourself.
The module starts with a kick off meeting in which the requirements of the teaching session will be discussed, where you design your teaching session and where you will receive peer-feedback on your learning activity and learning materials.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- LO1: Develop and deliver a teaching session, in which you engage the students through active learning;
- LO2: Evaluate your teaching session, based on your own observations and feedback from others;
- LO3: Improve your teaching practice:
- Reflect based on self-evaluation and feedback from others.
- Define concrete points to improve.
- Teaching methods: delivering a teaching activity, giving and receiving feedback, blended learning (combining face-to-face instruction with online learning).
- Assessment: Proof of competence
- Number of sessions: 3
- Study load: 40 hours (on average)
- Admissions requirements: completed DEVELOP, teaching during the period of taking the module due to need to complete real life teaching session within 8 weeks.
To see dates, practicalities and to enrol, visit https://tudelfttls.opleidingsportaal.nl/courses/TEACH
If you have trouble logging in, please email Teaching-Support@tudelft.nl