Dr. N. (Nadia) Metoui
I am an Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence and Ethics at TU Delft. Before Joining TU Delft, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Amsterdam. I studied AI-enhanced communication and its impacts on individuals and the society in the areas of politics, health, and commerce. I obtained my industrial PhD in security and privacy in 2018 from the University of Trento. My doctoral research focused on privacy risk-aware access control systems.
My research interests revolve around the topics of AI/ML Interpretability and Explainability (XAI) and AI Ethics. I have experience with machine learning techniques applied to several fields e.g., Natural Language Processing NLP, Recommender systems, Computer Vision. My work currently focuses on multidisciplinary approaches to enhancing moral resilience and sustainability in AI-related technologies and processes. I am also particularly interested in the topics of Equity Diversity and Inclusivity (EDI).
TB241Ib “Java” / Advanced object- oriented programming
Bachelor Technische Bestuurskunde
- Vrijenhoek, S., Kaya, M., Metoui, N., Möller, J., Odijk, D., and Helberger N. (2021) Recommenders with a mission: assessing diversity in news recommendations. ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (CHIIR)
- Dobber, T., Metoui, N., Trilling, D., Helberger, N., & de Vreese, C. (2020) Do (Microtargeted) Deepfakes Have Real Effects on Political Attitudes? International Journal of Press Politics.
- Mascetti, S., Metoui, N., Lanzi, A., & Bettini, C. (2018). EPIC: a Methodology for Evaluating Privacy Violation Risk in Cybersecurity Systems. Trans. Data Priv., 11(3), 239-277.
- Metoui N., Bezzi M., Armando A. (2017) Risk-Based Privacy-Aware Access Control for Threat Detection Systems. Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems XXXVI (LNCS, vol 10720).
- Armando, A., Bezzi, M., Metoui, N., Sabetta, A. (2014) Risk-aware information disclosure. ESORICS QASA 2014 (LNCS, vol. 8872, pp. 266–276).
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Monday till Friday
Engineering Systems and Services
Information and Communication Technology
AI and Ethics
Data security and privacy
Personalized and AI-enhanced communication
AI-Mediated disinformation (e.g., Deep Fake)