M. (Masoud) Khakdaman
Masoud Khakdaman works on the ISOLA project under supervision of Professor Lorant Tavasszy and Dr. Jafar Rezaei. The research deals with developing an integrated and comprehensive Synchromodal Transport System through dynamically matching of demand and Supply aiming at increasing service level and revenue.
Before joining TuDelft, Masoud worked for AirAsia, Schlumberger, Starbucks and SAIPA automotive in the areas including revenue management, supply chain design/strategy, sourcing and procurement, sales and operations planning as well as various systems' design and improvement projects.
Masoud holds a Supply Chain Management Master's degree with honors from MIT-Malaysia Supply Chain Management program and an Industrial Engineering Master's degree with honors from Malaysia University of Technology (UTM). His Bachelor's degree is also in Industrial Engineering from Yazd University, Iran.
Exploring the underlying structure of complex transport and supply chain systems especially in the following areas:
- Logistics/Transport/Supply chain planning and optimization
- Freight Transport modelling
- Pricing and Revenue management
- Decision-making under uncertainty and risk
- Supply chain design and strategy
- “Tactical Production Planning in a MTS-MTO Environment under Demand, Process and Supply Uncertainties: A Robust Optimization Model”, International Journal of Production Research, June 2014, Vol. 53, No.5, 1358-1386
- “On-Shelf Availability Strategies: Analyzing Alternative Models to Assure Product Availability in High Density Areas”, the 19th International Symposium on Logistics (ISL), Vietnam, June 2014
- “Healthcare system simulation using Witness”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2013, 410 (012109)
- AirAsia (Malaysia): Revenue management of Ancillary products and bundles
- Schlumberger (Malaysia): Cost management in global procurement and sourcing
- Starbucks (China): Improving supply chain responsiveness through robust transportation-distribution network configurations
- SAIPA Automotive (Iran): Systems design and enhancement
- Full PhD Scholarship, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, TuDelft (2016)
- MIT Alumni, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2014)
- Best Thesis Award, MIT-Malaysia Supply Chain Management program, MISI (2014)
- Fellowship Award, MIT-Malaysia Supply Chain Management program, MISI (2013)
- Best Postgraduate Student Award, Master of Industrial Engineering, UTM (2012)
- First student (Honors), Master of Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering department, UTM (2012)
- SAIPA Vice-President Commended employee in systems design & development, SAIPA Co (2010)