Dr. J. (Jenny) Lieu
Jenny Lieu is an Assistant Professor in the TPM and the MAS within the Organisation and Governance Group.
Jenny has a diverse research interest in energy, climate policy, policy learning and transfer, innovation, gender and inclusive low carbon transition, and negative emission potential for land-use practices and technologies.
She’s interested in bridging qualitative and quantitative research methods and applying transdiscplinary research methods.
Currently she's the lead Principal Investigator in LANDMARC (2020-24), a Horizon 2020 project (Land-use based Mitigation for Resilient Climate pathways). Jenny is also involved in several other H2020 projects (TIPPING+ on social ecological tipping points in coal and carbon intensive regions and ENCLUDE on inclusive energy citizenship projects). Previously, she lead TRANSrisk (2016-19), a H2020 project that evaluated of risks and uncertainties of low-carbon transition pathways.
- Lieu J, Sorman H A, Johnson O, Virla L, and Resurrección, P B (2020). "Three sides to every story: Gender perspectives in energy transition pathways in Canada, Kenya and Spain". Energy Research and Social Science. 68.
- MacArthur, A, Hoicka C, Castleden H, Das R, Lieu, J (2020). Forging Canada’s Green New Deal: The Socio-Political Foundations of Climate Resilient Infrastructure. Energy Research and Social Science. 65.
- Lieu J, Hanger- Kopp, van Vliet O, and Sorman H A (2020). “Assessing risks of low-carbon transition pathways”. Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions.
- Nikas A, Lieu J, Sorman A, Gambhir A, Turhan E, Baptista B, Doukas H. (2020). “The desirability of transitions in demand: Incorporating behavioural and societal transformations into energy modelling”. Energy Research & Social Science. 70.
- Lieu J, Spyridaki N, Alvarez-Tinoco R, van der Gaas W, Tuerk A, and van Vliet O (2018). “Evaluating Consistency in Environmental Policy Mixes through Policy, Stakeholder, and Contextual Interactions”. Sustainability, 10(6), 1896.
Jenny is also part of the Women & Inclusivity in Sustainable Energy Research (WISER) (Steering committee July 2019- March 2021).
She is also starting up a non-profit organisation Innolab that focuses on grass-roots sustainable innovations.
- Doukas, H., Flamos A, and Lieu, J (eds) (2018). “Understanding risks and uncertainties in energy and climate policy: Multidisciplinary methods and tools towards a low carbon society”. London. Springer.