Dr. Y. (Yilin) Huang
Yilin Huang is Assistant Professor at Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, section Systems Engineering and Simulation. She grew up in Shanghai, moved to Vienna for her studies in 2002 and came to Delft in 2008 to pursue her PhD. Yilin has a strong background in Computer Science (Software Engineering and Distributed Systems Design), Modeling and Simulation (M&S), and has a passion for interdisciplinary research. She believes that disciplinary research and interdisciplinary research are not orthogonal but complementary.
Yilin received her PhD on the subject of Automated Simulation Model Generation (2013). Her research mainly concerns M&S methodology and M&S-based design, with particular interests on data-driven and data analytics related subjects, distributed simulation, and design for engagement and sustainability. The application domain of her research ranges from transportation and logistics, smart grid, sustainable consumption, to humanitarian innovations.
- SEN1121 Complex Systems Engineering
- EPA1351 Advanced Discrete Simulation
- Yilin Huang, Alexander Verbraeck and Mamadou D. Seck (2016), Graph Transformation Based Simulation Model Generation, Journal of Simulation, 10:283. doi:10.1057/jos.2015.21
- Yilin Huang, Mamadou D. Seck and Alexander Verbraeck (2015), Component-Based Light-Rail Modeling in Discrete Event Systems Specification (DEVS), Simulation, 91:12, 1027-1051, 2015
- Yilin Huang, Martijn Warnier, Frances M. T. Brazier and Daniele Miorandi (2015), Social Networking for Smart Grid Users - A Preliminary Modeling and Simulation Study, in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control, 438-443, IEEE
- Yilin Huang (2013), Automated Simulation Model Generation, Delft University of Technology
- Yilin Huang, Mamadou D. Seck and Alexander Verbraeck (2011), From Data to Simulation Models: Component-based Model Generation with a Data-driven Approach, in Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, Phoenix, AZ, 3724-3734, IEEE
- Yilin Huang, Mamadou D. Seck and Alexander Verbraeck (2010), Towards Automated Model Calibration and Validation in Rail Transit Simulation, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1259-1265, Elsevier
- Yilin Huang and Alexander Verbraeck (2009), A Dynamic Data-Driven Approach for Rail Transport System Simulation, in Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, Austin, USA, 2553-2562, IEEE
The EU FP7 STREP project CIVIS: Cities as drivers of social change, Delft University of Technology and others.
- +31 15 27 83822
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: B1.270
Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
Data analytics and visualization
Design for engagement and sustainability