Ir. A.J. (Linda) van Veen
Linda has studied Industrial Design Engineering at the TU Delft and has a Master’s Degree in Strategic Product Design.
During the past years Linda has been developing serious games and simulations at the TBM gamelab. The gamelab designs and develops serious games and simulations for learning, training and research purposes, mainly commissioned by and in close cooperation with external organisations.
The topics of these games vary from spatial planning of a marine area to interpersonal interaction in a team. Central part of her current function is to collaborate with both stakeholders (clients, researchers) as well as developers and to link both worlds. Linda designs serious game concepts together with researchers and game designers and helps facilitate serious gaming sessions for professionals and students. Furthermore she develop graphics for user interfaces and paper-based game material.
Besides her position at the gamelab, Linda is a freelance serious game designer.
- Go2Zero: Go2Zero is a multiplayer planning game about the local transition process towards a sustainable city. This board game is developed within the EU FP7 project ‘City-zen’
- Rail Cargo Challenge: Multiple board games about the optimization of cargo transport from the Ports of Rotterdam and Amsterdam towards the hinterland. The games are developed within the TKI Dinalog project ‘Synchrogaming’.
- At the Scene: At the Scene is a scenario-based operational training game of close protection in a 3D virtual environment.
Ir. A.J. van Veen
- Exploring challenges and solutions for container transportation using rail: A modelling and simulation gaming study
peer reviewed : Y
Proceedings of 5th IEEE International Conference on Models and Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems (MT-ITS) 2017 (2017) 6 pages , p. 158-163
- S. Kurapati
- I. Kourounioti
- H. Lukosch
- Lóri Tavasszy
- A. Verbraeck
- L. van Veen
- B. van Nuland
- Thijs Smit
- Design Considerations for Building a Scalable Digital Version of a Multi-player Educational Board Game for a MOOC in Logistics and Transportation
peer reviewed : Y
Games and Learning Alliance (2016) 11 pages , p. 167-177
- Heide Lukosch
- Shalini Kurapati
- Geertje Bekebrede
- Simon Tiemersma
- D Groen
- Linda van Veen
- Alexander Verbraeck
- Rosa Bottino
- Remco C. Veltkamp
- Johan Jeuring