Prof.dr.ir. W.A.H. (Wil) Thissen
Wil Thissen has over 30 years of experience as a researcher, teacher, and practicing analyst, working at the interface of systems analysis and modeling on the one hand, and policy and decision making at the other. Before coming to his present position in 1992, he was a junior researcher at Eindhoven University of Technology, a senior scientist and assistant professor at the University of Virginia, U.S.A a senior Policy Analyst with the Netherlands' Ministry for Transport and Public Works, and an associate professor at TU Delft. He plays an active role in different international scientific communities, including the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society, and the International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA).
- M.E. Physics Engineering (1973)
- PhD Systems and Control Engineering (1978)
- L. Kornov and W.A.H. Thissen: Rationality in decision- and policy-making: implications for strategic environmental assessment. Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal, Vol. 18, 3, 2000, p. 191-200.
- Thissen W A H; Systems engineering education for public policy. International Journal of Technology Management, 2000, p. 408-419.
- Thissen W.A.H., P.G.J. Twaalfhoven; Towards a conceptual structure for evaluating policy analytic activities. European journal of Operational Research, Vol. 129, 2001, p. 627-649,
- Geenhuizen M S van, W A H Thissen; Uncertainty and Intelligent Transport Systems: Implications for Policy. International Journal of Technology, Policy, and Management, Volume 2, Number 1, pp. 5 - 19.
- Thissen, W.A.H. and Herder, PM editors (2003) Critical Infrastructures. State of the Art in Research and Application.Boston/Dordrecht/London: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 304 pp.
- Porter, A.L, Thissen, W.A.H. and many others: (2004) Technology Futures Analysis: Towards Integration of the Field and New Methods. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 71, pp. 287-303
- Thissen, W.A.H., M. Ludema, M. Pantic and P. Wieringa, Eds. (2004).: Proceedings 2004 International IEEE Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. IEEE/Omnipress, NJ.
- Dealing with uncertainties in energy transitions (NWO-Novem)
- Methodology for dealing with uncertainties in infrastructures (NGI-BSIK)
- Modeling the dynamics of transitions (KSI-BSIK)
- +31 15 27 86607
Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Room number: C2.020
Policy Analysis theory and methodology
Strategic Environmental Assessment
Dealing with Uncertainties
Application fields: Water resource management, land use planning, transport, energy systems - more in general: Infrastructures
Prof.dr.ir. W.A.H. Thissen
- 2005 - Bachelor Project Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management
- 2005 - Policy Analysis of Multi-actor Systems
- 2005 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2006 - Policy Analysis of Multi-actor Systems
- 2006 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2006 - Bachelor Project Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management
- 2007 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2007 - Policy Analysis of Multi-actor Systems
- 2008 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2009 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2010 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2013 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2014 - Continuous Systems Modelling
- 2012 - Analysis of Complex Environments
- 2013 - Continuous Systems Modelling
- 2012 - Continuous Systems Modelling